Buyer beware

Well, I wanted some live fresh lobster so I ended up ordering from East Coast Lobster, their website shows Nova Scotia so great, Canadian company. I ordered on line Oct. 3 and selected delivery for Oct. 5 as I knew I would be out of town on the 4th. 

I got home this morning and there is my package sitting on my front porch. I checked my security camera and it was delivered yesterday at 1:22 pm so it had been left sitting out in the heat for about 18 hours. The ice packs were nothing but water and the smell was enough to make you hurl. Oh, and so much for it being fresh from the East Coast, the shipping label shows it was shipped from Kitchener. 

I tried calling them, no answer, left a voice mail, no call back, sent an email, no response. Looks like I am out $250.00. 

6 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Well, I wanted some live fresh lobster so I ended up ordering from East Coast Lobster, their website shows Nova Scotia so great, Canadian company. I ordered on line Oct. 3 and selected delivery for Oct. 5 as I knew I would be out of town on the 4th. 

I got home this morning and there is my package sitting on my front porch. I checked my security camera and it was delivered yesterday at 1:22 pm so it had been left sitting out in the heat for about 18 hours. The ice packs were nothing but water and the smell was enough to make you hurl. Oh, and so much for it being fresh from the East Coast, the shipping label shows it was shipped from Kitchener. 

I tried calling them, no answer, left a voice mail, no call back, sent an email, no response. Looks like I am out $250.00. 

That sucks. If they don’t make it right, I’d give them a bad review whoever one could be left. 
did you pay by PayPal? They clearly did not stick to the delivery schedule

Well, i did finally hear back from them, a whole lot of "FedEx isn't reliable, sometimes they deliver in one day, sometimes in two days" so they decided to ship it on the third. So much for next day delivery. They did finally offer a partial refund at least but I am still out of pocket for something I had to throw in the garbage. We'll see if they follow through on that. Anyway, lesson learned, next time I will read all the reviews then shop locally.

Edited by Big Cliff
  • Like 1

PARTIAL!  You lost it all! Businesses like this should be held accountable. They are Always happy to accept payment but not fulfill their end of the bargain. maybe it should change, payment on delivery like the old days, COD.
Cliff, hopefully this gets resolved in you favour. 

• Like 2

It just keeps getting better, turns out Wholesalelobster AKA East Coast Lobster is nothing but a broker. They make it look like you are getting it shipped from Nova Scotia when in fact it was shipped from a seafood place in Kitchener. Total scam! 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

It just keeps getting better, turns out Wholesalelobster AKA East Coast Lobster is nothing but a broker. They make it look like you are getting it shipped from Nova Scotia when in fact it was shipped from a seafood place in Kitchener. Total scam! 

Just like those guys on the side of the highway, or at the market, selling seafood. It is all bought at the wholesale distributor and passed off as fresh off the plane. No different than the fake farmers and the food terminal.  

17 minutes ago, bigugli said:

Just like those guys on the side of the highway, or at the market, selling seafood. It is all bought at the wholesale distributor and passed off as fresh off the plane. No different than the fake farmers and the food terminal.  

Or “fresh” maple syrup on the side of the road in the first Feb thaw of the year

oh man, this bites. they shld own up to this because it's their mistake. you specifically requested a delivery date and whoever they used didn't do this. a partial refund is not acceptable in my book. if they refuse to make it whole, I'd be blasting them all over social media and let 'em have it.

while I've never shopped there, I have friends and know restaurants who get their seafood from dinah's seafood, in Toronto. not sure if they have lobsters but I would guess yes.

good luck and fingers crossed they do right.

9 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

Or “fresh” maple syrup on the side of the road in the first Feb thaw of the year

Lol i worked for a local pick your own farm…they loaded up the trucks for the farmers market every weekend…none of the produce was grown on the farm lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am pleased to report that I got a full refund, it took some doing but I had all the facts on my side including security footage of FedEx delivering the package at 1:22 the day before it was supposed to be. 

Even my credit card company was in the process of launching a dispute on my behalf but it seems a complaint with the BBB was the incentive for them to issue the refund. 😁

• Like 2