Torqeedo or bow mount on Kayaks

PtownHowie

5 hours ago, Podric said:

I doubt you are going to find anyone here with your setup but this guy explains it well.  I think you are nuts to put a bowmount on a kayak.  You are going to use up valuable space and it is riskier to run.

Nuts!!??

Not the first time I've heard that reference. Lol

Was just looking for experienced opinions/options.

Have you any experience with electric power on a Kayak, be it stern or bowmount??

Have you fished from a Kayak???

I've researched YouTube and many other sources regarding and was curious of others on the water experience.

Thanx for taking the time to respond

3 hours ago, PtownHowie said:

Nuts!!??

Not the first time I've heard that reference. Lol

Was just looking for experienced opinions/options.

Have you any experience with electric power on a Kayak, be it stern or bowmount??

Have you fished from a Kayak???

I've researched YouTube and many other sources regarding and was curious of others on the water experience.

Thanx for taking the time to respond

Reasonable questions!

I had a 2 man nucanoe frontier.  I ran a 50lb thrust transom mount electric.  It worked great.  If it weren’t for the fact that I used the electric on my tin boat as well, I’d have cut down the shaft.  No experience with bow mounts.

Hi, I invested in a stern mounted torqueedo for my hobie (vs the "front" drive well Evolve option). Use it mostly to get back to the dock after a long trip/weather etc. I do all serious fishing with the pedal drive and paddle. Works well for me for that purpose and hobie has accessories that made the set up quiet easy. Keep it all in the stern area out of the way. Main drawback is the addition of weight. The battery is Lithium which is "light" vs many who use regular trolling motors and a Lead-acid battery-really heavy, so keep that in mind. No regrets for my purposes. 

IMG_4052.jpg

21 hours ago, porkpie said:

Reasonable questions!

No they offensively put.  I did the guy a solid, looked up his kayak and even found a good you tube video for him.   I have experience he just didnt like that his question wasnt going to evolve into some great thing with lots of responses.  I doubt he even watched the video because he didnt bother to post more details about what he is doing.   He can do what he likes.

• Haha 1

They are pretty reasonable questions By all means share your kayak/electric motor experience with us.  I’d be happy to hear more.  I typically gravitate towards taking advice from those who’ve actually done what I’m thinking about doing, not just those with an opinion.  So in that sense his questions where quite reasonable to me!

Edited by porkpie

1 hour ago, Podric said:

No they offensively put.  I did the guy a solid, looked up his kayak and even found a good you tube video for him.   I have experience he just didnt like that his question wasnt going to evolve into some great thing with lots of responses.  I doubt he even watched the video because he didnt bother to post more details about what he is doing.   He can do what he likes.

22 hours ago, porkpie said:

Reasonable questions!

I had a 2 man nucanoe frontier.  I ran a 50lb thrust transom mount electric.  It worked great.  If it weren’t for the fact that I used the electric on my tin boat as well, I’d have cut down the shaft.  No experience with bow mounts.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond with an experienced opinion.

Thanx man

1 hour ago, Podric said:

Dude, really!!??

Any man worth his salt does not ever respond to a general inquiry from experienced individuals with name calling!!

I've fished pro circuit Bass tournaments for 15 years with above average success out of a 20' Ranger.

I just asked for experienced opinions regarding Kayak fishing.

I've, as always, researched on the internet/YouTube extensively and only reached out to those with experienced opinions regarding electric power on a Kayak situation.

I'm 62 years old and your response was ....................................................unacceptable in any forum of real people asking realistic questions from those of experience and integrity.

It is response like yours that turn good people away from using forums such as this as places of education and camaraderie

I can only hope the moderators of this site judge your response as inappropriate, demeaning and not in it's best interest.

Think before you type and consider if your moving things forward or creating a toxic environment for anyone asking honest and legitimate questions.

Hook sets are free

Being a judgmental a$$hole aint!!

Time for you to reconsider your approach/response.

My achievements speak for themselves.

1 hour ago, porkpie said:

They are pretty reasonable questions By all means share your kayak/electric motor experience with us.  I’d be happy to hear more.  I typically gravitate towards taking advice from those who’ve actually done what I’m thinking about doing, not just those with an opinion.  So in that sense his questions where quite reasonable to me!

Thanx for your honest opinion.

What I asked didn't require a response of name calling, IMHO!

Without good moderation of these types of sites, people quickly leave due to TROLLS with more keyboard strength than fishing skills and honest, respectful advice.

Appreciate you Porkpie!!!

8 minutes ago, PtownHowie said:

Dude, really!!??

Any man worth his salt does not ever respond to a general inquiry from experienced individuals with name calling!!

I've fished pro circuit Bass tournaments for 15 years with above average success out of a 20' Ranger.

I just asked for experienced opinions regarding Kayak fishing.

I've, as always, researched on the internet/YouTube extensively and only reached out to those with experienced opinions regarding electric power on a Kayak situation.

I'm 62 years old and your response was ....................................................unacceptable in any forum of real people asking realistic questions from those of experience and integrity.

It is response like yours that turn good people away from using forums such as this as places of education and camaraderie

I can only hope the moderators of this site judge your response as inappropriate, demeaning and not in it's best interest.

Think before you type and consider if your moving things forward or creating a toxic environment for anyone asking honest and legitimate questions.

Hook sets are free

Being a judgmental a$$hole aint!!

Time for you to reconsider your approach/response.

My achievements speak for themselves.

2 minutes ago, PtownHowie said:

Thanx for your honest opinion.

What I asked didn't require a response of name calling, IMHO!

Without good moderation of these types of sites, people quickly leave due to TROLLS with more keyboard strength than fishing skills and honest, respectful advice.

Appreciate you Porkpie!!!

I didn't call you any names but that isn't stopping you from claiming I did.  Basically, I took the time to provide an experienced and intelligent response and you guys come out all fist thumping on the warpath calling me a liar and claiming I am the type of poster that ruins boards.  Quite set of statements there.  

You didn't even have the courtesy or awareness to say what type of fishing and where you were doing it or other details.

I have nothing, zilch to prove to you (or that other poster).  I don't care about your claimed resume or your age as if age makes you a better, more intelligent or wiser person.

I have no idea why you have gone off the deep end but it definitely points to a mental health issue.  

4 minutes ago, Podric said:

I didn't call you any names but that isn't stopping you from claiming I did.  Basically, I took the time to provide an experienced and intelligent response and you guys come out all fist thumping on the warpath calling me a liar and claiming I am the type of poster that ruins boards.  Quite set of statements there.  

You didn't even have the courtesy or awareness to say what type of fishing and where you were doing it or other details.

I have nothing, zilch to prove to you (or that other poster).  I don't care about your claimed resume or your age as if age makes you a better, more intelligent or wiser person.

I have no idea why you have gone off the deep end but it definitely points to a mental health issue.  

Reported to Moderators!!

Have a nice life and good luck in your fishing endevours

8 minutes ago, Podric said:

I think you are nuts 

On 9/16/2022 at 12:16 PM, Podric said:

I doubt you are going to find anyone here with your setup but this guy explains it well.  I think you are nuts to put a bowmount on a kayak.  You are going to use up valuable space and it is riskier to run.

your obvious inexperienced opinion is in sharp contrast to the many experienced achievements of those who employ the "nuts" utilization of such power available to Kayak fisherman.

"I think your nuts", is flagrant name calling and detrimental to the purpose of fishing forums that purport a healthy and experienced sharing of the love of fishing.

Is your last name Trump?? 

54 minutes ago, PtownHowie said:

your obvious inexperienced opinion is in sharp contrast to the many experienced achievements of those who employ the "nuts" utilization of such power available to Kayak fisherman.

"I think your nuts", is flagrant name calling and detrimental to the purpose of fishing forums that purport a healthy and experienced sharing of the love of fishing.

Is your last name Trump?? 

Personally I think you are being overly sensitive. I and many others likely agree with him that you'd be crazy to put a bow mount on a kayak. Folks are allowed their opinion and that's what you asked for. So then you turn around and insult him by comparing him to Trump, but that's OK is it?

BTW, this forum is very well kept in it's place by the mods here, especially compared to a forum like OOD where the mods and admin let trolls run rampant, it's by far the worst forum for that that I've even been in. Needless to say I don't go there anymore, the same as many long time members there.