Best Jetski

captpierre

Got a daughter and fam with 2 kids looking to buy a larger Jetski used,  end of season.  Looks like there are 2 brands. SeaDoo and Yamaha. 
Are there pros and cons? I’m guessing Yamaha would be the most reliable. 
What’s the word on the best brand, gentlemen?

• Like 1

Hey capt.

Don't let these guys knock you down looking for advice. You're doing your due diligence in trying to help out the family. Yeah there's a lot of ass holes riding jetskis but there also a lot of responsible people out there just having fun. These same people know how to respect the people around them and keep their distance while they're playing. The one's that don't are the same entitled buttheads that walk amongst us!

Dan..  

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2

I have raced Jetskis since 1987 and with the majority of them being either Kawasaki and Now more prevalent is the Yamahas. If you do not know how to work on them I would chose the one that parts and repair can be done locally.  If you can work on them then it is which ever you can get a good deal on.  While riding the skis keep in mind that while riding in a confined area makes it fun to switch out riders it is annoying to others who are there to enjoy nature in its quietness. With this in mind enjoy the riding it is a great way to explore and be active on the water. 

Cheers

Art

Kawasaki also makes them.  RPM is a dealership in the Coby and Hali area that sell and service them.  

I work at a SeaDoo dealer so...  

Make sure it's not too old so parts are EOL and or super hard to get.  You have homework to do before you pull the trigger.  You want to have access to wear ring's and other common items that need replacing. 

I agree with Fisherman, but Dan has a good point.

There are some responsible people on the water on jet skis, not many.

Slow down if you see someone fishing or avoid that are entirely. Unfortunately, most people won't do either of those things.

They are city people up for the weekend and have no respect for other people on the lake/river.

It's gotten to the point where it's not even worth trying to fish on the weekends.

3 hours ago, duke2555 said:

There are some responsible people on the water on jet skis, not many.

Yes it seems like there's not many or is it just the idiots that stick out in our minds? What about the bass, walleye, and musky boats that are bosting 300+ hp motors. That blast off from the dock (not talking tournament) to get to their fishing fields; is that OK? I cannot count the number of times out on Long Point Bay; that I've been drift fishing in my 16 foot tiller. Only to see a fully decked out (downriggers, plainer board mast, ect.) boat hurdling towards me and zooms by at 3-4 hundred yards away from me? Lets not even go there that on plain there's less wake. When the wake takes me from drifting to bottom bouncing that's a bit much. Is that OK cause they have a fishing rod in their hand?

All I'm saying is that there are all kinds of idiots (me included) out there, regardless. Hey Billy Bob I just put an different engine in my car. Want ta go for a rip and see what she'll do. Yea that was me, loved street racing; that's until my first child was born.

Dan...

• Like 1