Curve Lake gas

captpierre

1 hour ago, captpierre said:

I didn’t check the third station.

I tend to go to the one beside (same side as Terry's) because it's newer, the prices are fine, I get my smokes there too BUT it's clean and less busy as everyone thinks Terry's is the cat's meow.  

They have a sticker on the pump saying "this weeks gas is supplied by ____" and most times it's Shell.  

6 hours ago, captpierre said:

Neither Gen 7 or Terry had premium. Only regular. I didn’t check the third station. There is a native refinery?  Are you sure about your facts?

Yes…I can’t think of the supplier off of the top of my head but they operate their own refinery now and supply fuel under one brand to all of the reserve gas stations across the province. 

2 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Yes…I can’t think of the supplier off of the top of my head but they operate their own refinery now and supply fuel under one brand to all of the reserve gas stations across the province. 

I’m thinking a refinery is a $100 million plus operation. Having a hard time imagining natives own one. 

23 minutes ago, captpierre said:

I’m thinking a refinery is a $100 million plus operation. Having a hard time imagining natives own one. 

My bad. It’s original traders energy, they blend and distribute fuel. I don’t know the specifics of how the fuel industry works personally, but I know their supplier is native owned and operated. I wouldn’t know who actually refines the fuel

Edited by AKRISONER

On 8/21/2022 at 6:16 PM, AKRISONER said:

My bad. It’s original traders energy, they blend and distribute fuel. I don’t know the specifics of how the fuel industry works personally, but I know their supplier is native owned and operated. I wouldn’t know who actually refines the fuel

Just called. The third station, Quarter Mile, said they never ran out of ethanol free premium. And that they sell brand name-Esso and Shell. Terry’s  and Gen 7 were out on the weekend but got delivery today. They apparently get the fuel from Native supplier. 

• Like 1