Long Point Lake

Cosmos

Good day.

Looking to get some information from people who fished Long Point Lake.

It is fairly close to Elk Lake  - Temiskaming Shores.

Going to https://www.poplarpointcamp.ca/

Would like to know what to bring for fishing - i got some information online to start but missing information about depths.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Sorry man I have no experience one that lake?

Wish all the best and let us know how you did figuring out the lake? I'll look forward to your report. 

If you could add your report to this thread, I'll get a notification that you had.

Thanks!!!

Dan...

On 8/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, DanD said:

Sorry man I have no experience one that lake?

Wish all the best and let us know how you did figuring out the lake? I'll look forward to your report. 

If you could add your report to this thread, I'll get a notification that you had.

Thanks!!!

Dan...

Thank you Sir.

Will report as soon as I am back. 

That is one heavy duty cancellation policy those folks have.............

In that part of the country, for walleye, it is pretty hard to beat a 1/4 oz ball head jig and 3" Berkley power grub.  Probably stained water, and I would go with bright colours like white and pink, maybe yellow and orange, and fluorescent if possible.  Good luck!

Doug

On 8/15/2022 at 8:07 PM, akaShag said:

That is one heavy duty cancellation policy those folks have.............

In that part of the country, for walleye, it is pretty hard to beat a 1/4 oz ball head jig and 3" Berkley power grub.  Probably stained water, and I would go with bright colours like white and pink, maybe yellow and orange, and fluorescent if possible.  Good luck!

Doug

Thank you - got full bunch of tackle ready - from grubs to worm harnesses. Guys at camp have minnows for sale as well. Cant wait really - 2 more days!!!

Edited by Cosmos

• 2 weeks later...

Good day,

Sorry for delay with updating this post.

My trip was very successful. What a beautiful country that area is. From amazing fishing to berry and mushroom picking.

Funny enough - iboating app had most of the lakes charted which helped a lot.

Long Point Lake has a lot of pike and bass. Walleyes are in but you have to work for them, same goes with perch.

Fishing in general is very good on Long Point lake. 

Area also is surrounded by many small lakes (some a deep with good trout population). Launching boat might be a challenge - had to try few of those lakes with great success. Biggest issue was to launching my 17 footer Princecraft on those lakes. It was a bit of a challenge. Haven't try couple walleye lakes that locals called best ones.

Already planning to go back next year.

If someone has any specific questions - please pm and i gladly will reply.