OTTAWA RIVER GAR. FOR THE RECORD.

Moosebunk

Ohhhh just don't write these reports nearly as often as I used to, especially outside of the winter months.  Got the Covid this week though and that coughed up enough time to get spewing some out.  For any interested, here's a latest about gar.  Bit of a recap of this season along with some of my history and how it follows along with the OFAH records and other big fish caught over the years.  Sorry, you'll have to link on over to my site if wanting to view....  

https://bunksoutdoorangle.com/ottawa-river-gar-for-the-record/

0211.jpg?resize=1080,675&ssl=1

Enjoy what's left of summer and into fall.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

Baaaaahahaha!

Thanks baaaahhhdddy!  For making me feel all warm and fuzzy, and tingling in my horn.  Baaahhhem I mean, horns.

I need to pick your brain about gar fishing some time, I’ve got a couple of spots where I know some giants live and I just have no real clue what it takes to make the big ones bite and stay on.

AK see your inbox.

Alligator gar would be a hoot to reel in and knock of the bucky Siwash.  I'd think bottom baiting for something like that would be much the same as our sturgeon fishing up here... except a whole muddier and sweatier down there in that stanky Texas heat.  That keeps it kinda lower on this pasty white ginger's priority list, the sunstroke and skin cancer and all. lol. 

Thanks for reading dudes.

On 8/3/2022 at 1:55 AM, Moosebunk said:

AK see your inbox.

Alligator gar would be a hoot to reel in and knock of the bucky Siwash.  I'd think bottom baiting for something like that would be much the same as our sturgeon fishing up here... except a whole muddier and sweatier down there in that stanky Texas heat.  That keeps it kinda lower on this pasty white ginger's priority list, the sunstroke and skin cancer and all. lol. 

Thanks for reading dudes.

Or throw an evergreen jackhammer

was fishing santee Cooper a few years back and one followed my jackhammer boatside and was up against the length of my boat. I couldn’t believe my friggin eyes while also being extremely terrified of the 8 foot long monster swimming after my bait. 

At least the big gators down there don’t chase your baits!