Buckhorn Lake

dave1965

Hello everyone. Every year my friends that I have known since childhood get together for a weekend of fishing. Now this year for the first time we are going to try Buckhorn Lake in the Kawarthas, in mid October and we're staying at Scotsman Point Resort. We'd love any feedback on what the fishing is like on Buckhorn particularly that time of year. Thanks in advance!

Dave

I live just up the lake from Scotsman Point.

The last few weeks fishing has been good.  Can't say what it will be like come Oct. ;)

Tri-Lakes (Buckhorn, Chemong and Pigeon) are all connected and can be traversed without going through a lock.  Lots of water to cover and you can boat to Buckhorn, Bridgenorth or Bobcaygeon.

Like other Trent Severn lakes, there are many hazards just under the water when not in the marked channel.  Make sure you have Navionics mapping (either on your phone via their App or a device in the boat) and make sure to trim up and go slow when not in the channel to play it safe.

Hopefully Hank Jr can direct you to the type of structure to target (there is lots between the 3 lakes).