ATV battery

Need to replace the original 9 yr old battery for Honda 420 ATV. Getting conflicting advice. Some say get one from Honda. Others say  Energizer from 20C4F502-7E0A-4029-A122-9FEFE58AA9F0.jpeg.40f3a88b7f0e4619b08d079594dc1bc4.jpegCostco. Looks like original is double the money. $150 vs $75. 
Conflicted since I’m a cheapskate. 

Edited by captpierre

Honda doesn't make batteries, Yuasa does.  You can go cheap and probably have to replace it again in 3-4 years or you buy a good one and get another 8-9 years.  Royal Distributing has the OEM for a decent price. https://www.royaldistributing.com/yuasa-battery-ytx14-Bull.html

Remember when you're in the middle of butt fart nowhere, you turn the key and hear in a weakening tone, No no no no, click, click, lol.

Edited by Fisherman
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Remember when you're in the middle of butt fart nowhere, you turn the key and hear in a weakening tone, No no no no, click, click, lol.

From personal experience being stranded more than once by equipment issues, a good battery is very cheap insurance.

• Like 1

I would get the cheaper one.. I have had good luck with the ones from acme battery in Hamilton and their lifespan has more to do with care and maintenance than how much they cost.. my atv battery is getting up there in age but I have a pull start if it doesn't start...

I think I should have used different  words

if you don’t buy from a dealer, you can find a battery from the same manufacturer for less money and or a better battery for less money 

so I meant cheaper price not cheaper quality 

• Like 1

Yuasa is a better brand name and you can get a a different brand.  The 1st letter stands for MFG (Y)TX14-Bull (box supplied of acid)  You can get a Ctx14 and it is the same thing by a company like parts Canada.  

Older stock would have been sold at the lower price.  The cost now to replace inventory has gone up a LOT and a battery is one of the hard items to get.  Because the ones that have a b and s for box supplied acid can sit a long time and not go bad as the acid isn't added till a customer want's to purchase it.  

• Thanks 1