Fishing NB in late Sept. Early october

Freshtrax

Probably your best bet is to chase Striped Bass. The numbers have exploded in the last decade, making this fishery world class.

A few years ago we surf fished Miscou Island...wet waded the beautiful sand beaches by day, feasted on lobster, clams, mussels and oysters at night. Great getaway. Heavy bass or pike gear is all you need. If you're going to specifically surf fish then a 9 ft + rod is helpful. Stripers really put up battle and are great on the grill too.

Not sure what the best spots are that time of year...they generally migrate up the rivers (the Miramichi gets a huge run) in late spring and by late summer you can fish the surf.

https://www.outdoorcanada.ca/13-new-brunswick-hot-spots-for-striped-bass-fishing/

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

I just returned from Cape Breton and can say 100% that fishing the surf can pay off for Striped bass. I was fishing the Fundy side (5 Islands) down from NB for a few days before heading to the Cape. Fished the straight above Pictou/New Glasgow too with Strippers (Bass not Brass pole) found there too (mainly evening time) Big weight with meat. Whereabouts in NB? Sorry can't help with a charter but if fishing any mouth you're possibly into Steelhead, Atlantics are also possible although I don't know the regs for them there as licences are quite pricey (NS) I tend to stay clear.  I know Nova Scotia has a decent population of Steelhead now, Newfoundland too (a few rivers) so I would assume NB wouldn't be that different. 

Will look into the striper fishing did a fair bit  when I lived I  NC.   Was hoping to get offshore for some real big stuff.   I'm going to call a few charters next week see what they say.  I'll be in shediac sp? .  NW of Moncton   love to jig up some cod or tuna if there is even a recreational season.