Jump to content

not 1 not 2 but 4 dealers replied I can't make this up


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Snidley said:

Possibly looking for fraud from a repeat offender...or just stupid. These days it's hard to tell.

yes that's what I was thinking ... its a suspicious claim to begin with .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be clear it's  Merc I'm referring to as it is a big company and it's not like big manufacturers don't defraud the public, often but not always with impunity

Whistleblower gets record $24 million for exposing Hyundai and Kia's safety lapses - CNN

$24 Million for rating them out. Not bad work if you can get it. Also as of this morning Hyundai and Kia are telling owners of Palisade and Telluride SUV's to park them due to fire issues that they have no fix for

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am missing something.  Did the dealers volunteer this information or was it a reply to a question asked.

Ever think think the question was unintentionally loaded so that they would give the safest answer?

Maybe they were loading up to sell insurance on the motor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 3:48 PM, Snidley said:

To be clear it's  Merc I'm referring to as it is a big company and it's not like big manufacturers don't defraud the public, often but not always with impunity

Whistleblower gets record $24 million for exposing Hyundai and Kia's safety lapses - CNN

$24 Million for rating them out. Not bad work if you can get it. Also as of this morning Hyundai and Kia are telling owners of Palisade and Telluride SUV's to park them due to fire issues that they have no fix for

am I entilted to the first apraisaers investigation report ? they now have a second appraisers on the case 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowing the insurance industry as I do I would not hold my breath waiting for the insurance company supplying you with anything especially if it were to indicate their liability to ANYTHING. The insurance industry is in cahoots with the government on virtually everything that has to do with insurance in this province. That is in cahoots AGAINST you as the public and in cahoots with the industry in just about anything they would like to pull.  It's yet another group of thieves working with self centered dilatants that have one goal, get re elected no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 1:30 PM, Snidley said:

Knowing the insurance industry as I do I would not hold my breath waiting for the insurance company supplying you with anything especially if it were to indicate their liability to ANYTHING. The insurance industry is in cahoots with the government on virtually everything that has to do with insurance in this province. That is in cahoots AGAINST you as the public and in cahoots with the industry in just about anything they would like to pull.  It's yet another group of thieves working with self centered dilatants that have one goal, get re elected no matter what.

there now telling me my motor is used... because it was manufactured in 2017.  lol.  I wish I had recouse to sue them for slander lol.... I was the original owner in 2020. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is all part and parcel with things like builders taking deposits and upon completion of the condos demanding further payments on top of the agreed upon price, auto makers doing similar things to the tune of a further $9k for an F150, and our leaders looking to private sector senior homes, charging $5000 + a month for a room with all the Covid and Shingles you could ever want thrown in for free. Then there's The Bank of Canada saying that there's no risk of inflation, then saying inflation is a prime target, then raising interest rates at an alarming rate just when the population has record rates of debt denominated in variable rate loans and mortgages. All done without recourse for all of us. Good move. 

On a further note I was just at the library and they had a donation jar out. I asked was the library resorting to a tip jar. Answer no but they still want a donation even though the girls there claim there's no financial issues with the library system in St Catharines. The city did  did need to appeal for donations for the Labour Day firecracker show however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This reminds me so much of the issues I had with my Dodge Ram and the Egr cooler leaking raw exhaust directly into the cab of my truck, me subsequently bringing the truck in 5 separate times under warranty for them to not fix the issue while I continued to get poisoned…until I ran out of warranty and took my truck to my local diese mechanic who immediately identified the problem and sent me back to the dealership to have the recall work on the EGR cooler completed.

my case has massive law suit written all over it, but it’s effectively  impossible to take to court.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When i was living in Oakville I saw a massive news report, breaking news if you will, dealing with a potentially catastrophic front end issue with F150 pickups. The front end would wobble so badly the truck could potentially topple over. The reporters tracked down the customer relations talking head for Ford at the Oakville head office. He ran away from  the reporters and locked the door refusing to come out and take questions. When they got him on the phone and asked why he was avoiding them he answered truthfully. Why would he subject himself to tough questions from reporters? In the end Ford claimed the problem was a faulty front end suspension, a parts issue from a supplier. Their suggested solution. The truck owners should take their beefs to the supplier as it was out of Fords hands. I never followed up on what the final result of the issue was but I could not believe the Ford customer relations guy would A) hide from reporters and B  suggest the faulty part was not Fords issue and that customers should take it up with a supplier directly..

Had it been a Chrysler issue they would have sold a bogus warranty and then the customer could take their beef to a parts supplier and a warranty provider. It would have been an automotive double header.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Snidley said:

When i was living in Oakville I saw a massive news report, breaking news if you will, dealing with a potentially catastrophic front end issue with F150 pickups. The front end would wobble so badly the truck could potentially topple over. The reporters tracked down the customer relations talking head for Ford at the Oakville head office. He ran away from  the reporters and locked the door refusing to come out and take questions. When they got him on the phone and asked why he was avoiding them he answered truthfully. Why would he subject himself to tough questions from reporters? In the end Ford claimed the problem was a faulty front end suspension, a parts issue from a supplier. Their suggested solution. The truck owners should take their beefs to the supplier as it was out of Fords hands. I never followed up on what the final result of the issue was but I could not believe the Ford customer relations guy would A) hide from reporters and B  suggest the faulty part was not Fords issue and that customers should take it up with a supplier directly..

Had it been a Chrysler issue they would have sold a bogus warranty and then the customer could take their beef to a parts supplier and a warranty provider. It would have been an automotive double header.

 

One of the things I have gotten to do in my career is engage with multiple of the automotive manufacturers in Canada along with many of Canada's largest companies i.e. Loblaws, Coke, Walmart etc.

Lets just say, seeing how they operate at Ford Corporate was enough to ensure that I never buy one of their vehicles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, AKRISONER said:

This reminds me so much of the issues I had with my Dodge Ram and the Egr cooler leaking raw exhaust directly into the cab of my truck, me subsequently bringing the truck in 5 separate times under warranty for them to not fix the issue while I continued to get poisoned…until I ran out of warranty and took my truck to my local diese mechanic who immediately identified the problem and sent me back to the dealership to have the recall work on the EGR cooler completed.

my case has massive law suit written all over it, but it’s effectively  impossible to take to court.

You will be glad to know that the 1500 RAMS will no longer be getting the spaghetti motor after Jan 2023,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

You will be glad to know that the 1500 RAMS will no longer be getting the spaghetti motor after Jan 2023,

not sure it matters anyways, none of us except the richest men in the world will be able to afford a pickup truck by the time my current ram dies in 2030. By that point Diesel will most likely be $5 a litre and trucks will cost $500,000

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new electrified Escalade is $152 USD and they can sell every Escalde they make at full pop. Don't know if that true of an electric Escalade. Oddly the new GM Lyric is only $62 USD and advertised for $69 CDN. If so that price delta between the US price and the converted Canadian price means a convoy of Lyric's heading south of the border within a week of delivery up here

 

 Yesterday In St Catharines i paid $1.39 for reg gas Deisel was $1.88 and winter is coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...