Anyone use “Fishing Cooler Bags”?

Raycaster

I’m on Lake Ontario weekly now chasing Salmon/trout and have been bring a big cooler with me filled with ice to bring home the goods. Its fine but I only have a 16ft aluminum and it takes up space. I was babbling to my wife that a collapsible long cooler bag would be great and save space… well be careful what you wish for as guess what arrived for Father Day, yes the kids and her are awesome.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else uses them and pros/cons etc. Im hyper about keeping the fish fresh so hopefully a bag of ice with this will keep everything good a few hours.

Also, would you guys bleed them before or gut them etc? I could filet them quick on the boat and bring xl freezer bags to put the slabs in… As mentioned Im always thinking about bacteria etc.

I’m only ever bringing home 1 or 2 fish…

Yeah I would do it in the net and let it hang over the side for a while , it would make a mess if you did it in the bag

or just put it’s head in the livewell with water in it. I find they bleed quicker in water 

Ok, opened the package and… its huge, actually too big!!!
I think this is good for the Wicked Tuna guys!

I should of checked measurements as something maybe 2/3 the size would be good. Maybe if I fold the last flap in…Not sure what I will do with this, probably return.

Great quality doesnt feel cheap, just too friggin big.

6DB836D5-7833-424F-A1A8-BCEEFE22E5E7.jpeg

Edited by Raycaster
  • Like 1