Finally found a solution to stop treble hooks from becoming entangled. Like most(all?) fishermen I carry too many lures, too many for each to have its own little compartment. So I put 2 or 3 in the same comp and they inevitably become entangled.   I have tried various 'solutions' over the years incl a few DIY ones such as wrapping the hooks in foil. I have also bought hoods similar to those shown but w/o the little ring for removal. The ring makes all the diff. Those w/o it were hard to remove to the point of becoming a hazard. These are from aliexpress. I have never bought anything from them until very recently. I know many have an aversion to Chinese gear, though.   

Hook Hoods.jpg

Edited by SirCranksalot
pic added
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:45 AM, SirCranksalot said:

sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I am talking about getting them tangled in the tackle boxes.

Gotcha.  I think we've all done the shake and pray before lol! 

11 hours ago, SirCranksalot said:

I have never seen the hoods with a little ring on them for sale locally. That ring, IMO, makes all the diff for safe and easy removal. Here is the link

Balleo/lightweight And Durable Treble Hooks Sheath Case Safety Protector Holders Case Bonnets Hook Sheath Cover - Fishhooks - AliExpress

what "model" number did you choose. There's no reference to what that means. Im assuming doing something in the middle fits your standard treble hook?