2007 Merc 3.5hp 4 stroke

FLEX ROD

No, I ran one on a 16 foot sportspal wide transom and it was fine.  I had the Tohatsu version, but the Merc 3.5 is the same motor.  I think it will be fine on an 18 foot square back in my opinion, and it will go like hell too LOL.  The only concern I could see is if you have one of those really narrow little square sterns, and even then I’d guess it’d be ok as they aren’t very heavy.

Thanks for the info porkpie, I have a 1 year old sportpal with a nice wide stern.

You are correct that it should go like he'll, I may actually get a chance to see the whole lake finally after 5 years. It's not a big lake but I was using my minkota  electric so speed was not really a option. 

Any clue what it's worth?

FLEX 

I picked up a like new 2018 Suzuki 2.5 for 500 for my sportspal, which I figured was a good deal. You might be  somewhere around that price point. I have the narrower flat back sportspal and actually managed to fall out when I stood up and leaned over the motor to check that it was pumping water out. Thought I was gonna tip the canoe so flopped out. Ruined my cell phone. Some weight up front would’ve really helped. Other than that it was good.