Anjigaming Lake treated us well

Just got back from Anjigaming (AirDale) and we had a great time!!  

We drove straight through the day on Friday and stayed with Jenn and Martin at their lodge at Hawk Junction and after an amazing breaky at the lodge we drive to the air base at Wawa for our 9AM departure.  Flight in was smooth and we were unpacked and on the water by noon.  We were the first group on this lake in 2 years (it was closed for most of the pandemic) so we were excited about getting out on the lake.

The boats were 14' Naden's with 8hp Merc 4 strokes and ran fine.  Fishing was very good once we got a good lay of the land and by the end of the week we landed close to 200 fish with the largest pike in the 42-44" range and the largest Walleye was in the 24" range.  We had a couple of fish fry's for lunch and only had rain blow through a couple of times in the week but the bugs were thick when the wind died down in the evening.  The cabin has a solar array and a sat router that allowed us to get WiFi so we could text and send pics of the trip.  

The week went by quickly and I am already looking forward to next years trip!

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4852.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG

IYZA9007.JPG

POJW2886.JPG

QDHO4276.JPG

CPLG3684.JPG

Edited by 410001661
  • Like 3

• 410001661 changed the title to Anjigaming Lake treated us well
10 minutes ago, gordy28 said:

Looks like a great trip.   Air Dale is definitely on my must try list.  Driving to Wawa much better than our upcoming trip which is fly to TBay and then drive To Sioux lookout 

thanks for sharing!

Andrew 

I agree.......I looked into a trip in NW Ontario and decided it was better to fly into TBay, rent a car and pick up groceries on the way.  1hr in the air vs 18'ish on the ground.

1 hour ago, 410001661 said:

I agree.......I looked into a trip in NW Ontario and decided it was better to fly into TBay, rent a car and pick up groceries on the way.  1hr in the air vs 18'ish on the ground.

For sure.  We did the flight to Tbay thing last time around and was much better. Felt like a human when I got home vs our drive through the night from Nakina in 2018 lol 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, Freshtrax said:

I keep saying i'm going to do a fly in need to get off my arse.   Looks like a great time

Just get 3 other guys willing to go then pick a place you like and is in your budget then throw a deposit down and you are committed!