Are used boat prices falling back to normal?

My buddy who is a car/boat dealer and is involved in importing boats from the US and exporting trucks and cars to the US tells me there is a massive fallout coming for dealers in Canada. He says truck deliveries in the US are picking  up steam and the market is softening for export pickups here in response.  He believes that many dealers (and customers who are paying over MSRP) are going to get caught holding the bag for overpriced inventory. My considered advice would be to hold off buying a truck or car till fall if you are in the market. Same goes for a house I would say too.

• Like 1

I've been looking for a glass bowrider for the last 2 weeks. I would say that sellers are starting to get a little desperate. Just about every boat I've showed an interest in, I get a follow up asking if I'm still interested or I see a price drop of at least 10%.

So I'm waiting till next month before I buy. Should be even better. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Snidley said:

My buddy who is a car/boat dealer and is involved in importing boats from the US and exporting trucks and cars to the US tells me there is a massive fallout coming for dealers in Canada. He says truck deliveries in the US are picking  up steam and the market is softening for export pickups here in response.  He believes that many dealers (and customers who are paying over MSRP) are going to get caught holding the bag for overpriced inventory. My considered advice would be to hold off buying a truck or car till fall if you are in the market. Same goes for a house I would say too.

The Dodge dealer lots are suddenly full of new trucks.. I can see deep discounts coming 

If you can wait December is usually a very slow month for car/truck sales combined with year end industry bonus incentives and the natural need for salesmen/managers needing money for the holidays. Go in near the end of the month and you might get a deal that is BELOW dealer cost. They make it up with factory incentives that is a murky world of it's own.

6 hours ago, fisherman7 said:

I've been looking for a glass bowrider for the last 2 weeks. I would say that sellers are starting to get a little desperate. Just about every boat I've showed an interest in, I get a follow up asking if I'm still interested or I see a price drop of at least 10%.

So I'm waiting till next month before I buy. Should be even better. 

I'd wait a couple of weeks.. guys will be lowering prices at the end of the season..