Minn Kota Trolling Motor

duke2555

Looking to replace my Minn Kota 45lb Powerdrive V2 with either a 55lb Powerdrive or Terrova with iPilot.

I think the Powerdrive with iPilot does not come with a foot pedal, just the remote...is that a big deal? I like using the foot pedal, not sure about remote only option.

Also, the Terrova is hard to get right now...

Thanks

I had a 55lb thrust with ipilot and no foot pedal on my 16 foot Lund.  It was fine for me because I'm primarily a troller.  I have an 80lb terrova on my boat now, and I have only taken the foot pedal out one time when my remote failed.  It really depends on your fishing style.  I cast occasionally and I just use the remote.  It doesn't bother me overly.  Maybe if it was a daily occurrence I'd want a pedal?  The PowerDrive itself, I've owned multiple variations of over the years.  The only problems I've ever had where related to the foot pedals on non ipilot motors.  Each time it required a new pedal.  Take that for what it's worth.  If you troll a lot, I wouldn't think twice.  I don't even mind the deployment of the PowerDrive V2.  While the Terrova is better, the PD isn't nearly as challenging to deploy as some make it out to be.  

Totally dependent on how you like to fish. If you fish from the front of the boat and cast a lot you will want a foot pedal for sure. If you like to just vertically fish or troll from the back of the boat like my old man and sharp shoot remote is just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

f you like to just vertically fish or troll from the back of the boat like my old man and sharp shoot remote is just fine.

You will be there one day. I am sure yer pop enjoys that way. LOL

• Haha 1

I never use the foot pedal on my TM and I'm up front casting my way down weed lines all day long. It's all a personal preference.  I have big feet and can use all the floor space available.

My current TM is a Motorguide with the wireless foot pedal and remote so I put the foot pedal in a storage bin. I'm looking to upgrade to a Ulterra. I'm not sure where I'm going to store that useless huge pedal.

On 6/12/2022 at 8:02 AM, SlipperyVic said:

I never use the foot pedal on my TM and I'm up front casting my way down weed lines all day long. It's all a personal preference.  I have big feet and can use all the floor space available.

My current TM is a Motorguide with the wireless foot pedal and remote so I put the foot pedal in a storage bin. I'm looking to upgrade to a Ulterra. I'm not sure where I'm going to store that useless huge pedal.

I have a Garmin force, and the number of times I have used the remote in 2 years is exactly 0

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2022 at 1:16 PM, FishinFreak said:

I have a Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 54 Pontoon Boat Trolling Motor with 54-lb Thrust i Added co-piolet to it and was wondering if i can add anchor lock to this trolling motor ?...

Anchor lock requires the GPS receiver found in the iPilot