Lodge Recommendations?

LegitFish

Hello,

I was looking to book a week at a fishing lodge in August, ideally no more than 4-5 hours from Toronto. I have spent several years in the Georgian bay area (Parry Sound, Pointe Au Baril). Ideally fishing for bass or pike

I have been looking at a couple lodges on the French River (Wolseley Lodge, Chaudiere Lodge), I just have never personally fished on the French River

Just wondering if anyone had any good recommendations on lodges or cottages?

Thanks so much,

• Like 1

Totem Point Lodge has updated their cabins/cottages in the past few years. Most of the people I've met there have been going for generations. One year, the matriarch of one family always made her way down the dock in the ayem (worse when the water was low cuz steep) to get into the one Giesler they had at the time. 

Used to go to Lakair but it's a bit different feel there now. Memquisit (on the West Arm) is on my list (friends have been going there for ages).

Lakeline Lodge and Marina on Charleston Lake near Athens is about a 4 hour drive from Toronto.

https://lakelinelodge.com/contact/

I have been going there for 16 years. Bass fishing is good. Lake trout are a bit harder to catch in August. Panfish are plentiful. No Walleye in this lake. It is a clear water lake. Bottom can be seen in 22 feet depth. Good beach at the park minutes from Lakeline.

We generally do a new lodge every year. Wolesely Bay on the french was good. Ingrids cooking was top notch!! Fishing was good and is good all over the french.

Waterfalls lodge on the spanish was also a great spot. The pike fishing wasn't great at all, but if you like big smallies they are plentiful! 

I have a friend who does chaudier every year with his wife and they both swear by it.

Im glad to see somebody mentioned memquist as thats where ill be heading in a few weeks!! 

15 minutes ago, kshick91 said:

Im glad to see somebody mentioned memquist as thats where ill be heading in a few weeks!! 

Memquisit is great, we've stayed there a few times and the owners are as good as they come.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lady Evelyn May fit your bill 

3 full service lodges on the lake, one self serve and another which is on the river 

Good to great walleye fishing, great small mouth fishing.  There is pike but we didn’t target them on our trips

People also camp on the lake.   Just need to pay to get over the dam

Cheers

Andrew