Good to be back.

lew

Just got our power back on yesterday (Friday) and internet & landline (phone) finally got hooked up today. I've also got a cell phone but reception was poor.

I've said it may times but my GENERAC standby generator is by far the best money I've ever spent. Just a few seconds after the storm hit and everything went out, the generator fired up and ran everything I needed in the house for 7 days and never hiccuped once. I shut it down a couple times just to check the oil but other than that it ran constantly & flawlessly. 

I've been around a long time and been thru plenty of bad storms but never saw anything hit that fast and nasty before. Wife and I took a walk when it was all over and I couldn't believe the number of massive trees snapped in half or torn right outta the ground and sadly a fella was killed by a falling tree just south of me.

Hopefully all you boys made it through without too many issues.

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

• Like 2

Glad you are safe Lew. It came quick for sure. We lost power for a few hours. Never bothered starting the genny. Lots of roof and fence damage our way. My daughter in Brooklin lost her 10x10 gazebo and furniture at the bottom of the pool. The last storm 3 years ago the shed went in the pool!!! 

Edited by ketchenany

45 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

My daughter in Brooklin lost her 10x10 gazebo 

I just recently installed 2 steel roofed gazebos on my back deck and didn't remember till after the storm that I forgot to screw them down. I guess if they didn't go into orbit during that storm they never will  LOL

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 10:39 AM, TJQ said:

My buddy sells Generacs.. he cant keep up with demand.

I’ll bet.

In contrast to a Generac, it wasn’t much fun filling a small generator every 8 hours around the clock from Saturday afternoon until Thursday for the fridge and freezer, but I will certainly take that inconvenience over the extensive damage that some others suffered.

I heard that winds hit 120 to 130 km per hour in some spots close by. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of winds at speeds that high in the Kawartha Lakes area before.

Edited by MJIG
Clarified that Generac sounds wonderful over small gasoline generators