Shore walleye.

limeyangler

My favourite time of year! I finish work at 8pm which gives me a good half hour to unwind at my dock. This time of year the walleyes are on in my bay for a couple of weeks. Nothing better than grabbing a bucket of minnows and a slip bobber and watching the sun go down.

• Like 4

On 5/27/2022 at 3:54 PM, AKRISONER said:

jeeeez, dont even need to launch the boat.

A good job too, I spend most of my time repairing the thing.

18 hours ago, Bill said:

You are fortunate to live on the lake.

18 hours ago, LeXXington said:

living the dream

I don’t take it for granted!

15 hours ago, akaShag said:

They seem to be quite a pale colour, and I think I recall some summer pictures you posted, same thing.  Is it my eyes, or are those walleye a paler colour than elsewhere?

Doug

Yes Doug, they are pale. The Goon(Wabigoon Lake) is the Color of chocolate milk, I guess it creates low light penetration and like cave dwelling creatures they have no pigment, same thing happens to gamer teenagers… lol

14 hours ago, Headhunter said:

I'd quit workin if that was my backyard!

HH

If only.

5 hours ago, limeyangler said:

Yes Doug, they are pale. The Goon(Wabigoon Lake) is the Color of chocolate milk, I guess it creates low light penetration and like cave dwelling creatures they have no pigment, same thing happens to gamer teenagers… lol

as suspected.  I have seen this before with walleye and perch.

Doug

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, akaShag said:

They seem to be quite a pale colour, and I think I recall some summer pictures you posted, same thing.  Is it my eyes, or are those walleye a paler colour than elsewhere?

Doug

The fish on the Grand are like that.. a few minutes in the live well and they darken..

On 5/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, limeyangler said:

My favourite time of year! I finish work at 8pm which gives me a good half hour to unwind at my dock. This time of year the walleyes are on in my bay for a couple of weeks. Nothing better than grabbing a bucket of minnows and a slip bobber and watching the sun go down.

Wow....Nice! I wish my house is by the lake too.