NW Ontario Update.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well good news is the ice has gone marking the end of a brutally long winter. Bad news? Water levels are higher than they've been since 1940 or something like that. The two docks that I put in last year are toast...as is the case for many people. Roads washed out, communities cut off...pretty savage.

Ice was out late, two weeks late give or take a day, 15th of May. It went quick once it went (taking my docks with it) and the walleye are starting to appear in our bay and i got half an hour in after work on season opener this past Saturday from my broken dock/deck, keep mentioning the docks...lol...but its peeing me off.

• Like 3

OK I got the youngster beat in the beard department, but his hair takes first prize.  😉

Crazy weather down here too.  I ran a crappie fishing camp for some buddies a couple weeks ago, and daytime temps were in the mid-30s C.  I was back out on Tuesday, temp at the launch was plus 5.  The crappies don't know what hit them.........

Doug

electric hair.jpg

8 hours ago, akaShag said:

OK I got the youngster beat in the beard department, but his hair takes first prize.  😉

Crazy weather down here too.  I ran a crappie fishing camp for some buddies a couple weeks ago, and daytime temps were in the mid-30s C.  I was back out on Tuesday, temp at the launch was plus 5.  The crappies don't know what hit them.........

Doug

electric hair.jpg

Oh man! Are you being Tazered in that picture?

12 minutes ago, limeyangler said:

Oh man! Are you being Tazered in that picture?

It was after consuming some electric jello aka vodka shooters, so that is a lot like being tazered I think...............😁

• Haha 1