10-15 knot winds Lake Ontario

Sea Ray Lew

Planning first trip to south shore(Port Dalhousie) depending on responses/suggestions. From experience on Lake Erie out of Port’s  Stanley & Bruce you go out approximately 5 miles before a offshore wind churns things up. I’m guessing a South wind 15-20 knot’s with a wave forecast of 1’-2’ waves if putting in at Port Dalhousie probably wouldn’t cause too much chop in the current depth the bite would be at. With lake of knowledge, I’m guessing at present the majority of fishing is not too far off shore. Looking to be educated 😀thanks Sea Ray Lew 

1 hour ago, Sea Ray Lew said:

Planning first trip to south shore(Port Dalhousie) depending on responses/suggestions. From experience on Lake Erie out of Port’s  Stanley & Bruce you go out approximately 5 miles before a offshore wind churns things up. I’m guessing a South wind 15-20 knot’s with a wave forecast of 1’-2’ waves if putting in at Port Dalhousie probably wouldn’t cause too much chop in the current depth the bite would be at. With lake of knowledge, I’m guessing at present the majority of fishing is not too far off shore. Looking to be educated 😀thanks Sea Ray Lew 

image.png.5f34d5c8ad11719d32b1824ba1ded6ad.png

I fished that area last year for the first time. We were probably 1-3 miles off shore if I remember correctly. South or west wind should be good over there but a north or east not so good. I only have a 16'8" boat and I don't remember any white knuckle experiences over there

3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I fished that area last year for the first time. We were probably 1-3 miles off shore if I remember correctly. South or west wind should be good over there but a north or east not so good. I only have a 16'8" boat and I don't remember any white knuckle experiences over there

I can see the lake from the end of my driveway in Grimsby, lived here since '84, don't even consider it on a Northerly wind. As I posted a few minutes ago Martin from Grimsby Tackle usually posts a south shore water report in the morning on facebook, he lives on the shore near Beamsville

Ok, if your wondering about weather/waves I found this great reply off another site that I follow. I only have a small 16’ so weather is VERY important to me. I would give credit to the original poster but dont have it.

Here is a screen shot of the post.

F3EC9469-B46F-4DAD-9FF0-AB43532968E8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Raycaster said:

Ok, if your wondering about weather/waves I found this great reply off another site that I follow. I only have a small 16’ so weather is VERY important to me. I would give credit to the original poster but dont have it.

Here is a screen shot of the post.

F3EC9469-B46F-4DAD-9FF0-AB43532968E8.jpeg

The big swells after a good blow alone are fishable even in smaller craft, it's when they get topped by an opposite direction wind things get hairy

Edited by dave524