Is it still available?

Rizzo

Help me out. Have listed a couple things on Facebook Marketplace. You get a ton of people asking "Is it still available?". When you say it is, they don't respond. Were they hoping it was not available? Why do people do this - are they so lonely they just want someone to speak to them? Even if the response is a simple "yes"? Or is there something deeper going on here? If you are one of the losers who asks if it's available, and then never responds once you know it is, please shed some light on your rationale. 

• Like 1

Yeah and sone want your address without asking to see it

i now make them give me their phone number and tell them I will call them the day they want to see it and give my address 

I have heard of people getting the address and stealing it that night 

Buy and sell wasn’t like this before the internet.  I used to buy and sell a lot. Now it’s a pain so hardly ever.  
part of it has to be people trying to buy and resell.  So they want it cheap as possible.  

yes there is a lot of that going on. I put a 9.9 Johnson on Marketplace for $875, whole bunch of "will you take $500 for it". Pretty sure those people just plan to turn around and sell it again. Because if they wanted it for themselves they would improve the offer after getting their lowball declined

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, BillM said:

People are probably hitting the pre-filled reply button by mistake.  Just a thought.  

Yup.  Facebook recently changed the button placement which has improved it slightly but I know I have been guilty of this 

embarrassing when some replies yes this $200,000 RV is still available

10 hours ago, Rizzo said:

yes there is a lot of that going on. I put a 9.9 Johnson on Marketplace for $875, whole bunch of "will you take $500 for it". Pretty sure those people just plan to turn around and sell it again. Because if they wanted it for themselves they would improve the offer after getting their lowball declined

You have a 9.9 ?

I did a ask,if still have. Took a bit for reply,but looking at a truck cap tomorrow. Nothing great,but it,s a cap. LOL