Got a new boat

HTHM

Just took this home tonight Needs a bit of TLC, but I can handle that. 

150 Efi pushing it with a 9.9 mercury 4 stroke kicker, walker riggers, and more dirt and dust than I've seen in a long time.

20220511_203144.jpg

• Like 6

Dirt and dust are easily taken care of. Good for you for being able to get into the market even during this economy/market.

I’ve spent the last 7 months cleaning up my new to me boat as well. Of course she’s thrown a few curveballs at me already, batteries, winch strap, a trolling motor rewire, but that’s part of what makes you feel like the boat is yours. I remember the first time I saw my boat vs what it’s like now, a little TLC and now my boat turns heads as I drive down the highway!

the shape/layout of this boat looks really intriguing, almost west coast meets bass boat. Care to share some pics of the interior when you get err vacuumed and scrubbed out. 

a recommendation after reading into it for a while, simple green extra strength (the purple stuff) and a scrub brush makes any boat interior look new. If you have carpet at all scrub on a diagonal and it brings old carpet totally back to life. 

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

The interior, sort of. I've been busy rigging it. Still not sure on electronics placement, feel free to chime in. The transducers are getting swapped to opposite sides to prevent interference. 

20220512_222447.jpg

20220512_222454.jpg

20220512_222526.jpg

So it is a glass boat, what an interesting lay out, I don’t know if ive ever seen anything like it. It’s almost like the designer couldn’t decide if he wanted a bass boat, tiller or deep V lol 

no joke, get yourself a high speed polisher and some mcguiars polishing compound and go quickly over that thing and then finish it off with a title wax hybrid solutions ceramic coat it will shine like brand friggin new. You will literally be blown away by the results.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:13 AM, AKRISONER said:

a recommendation after reading into it for a while, simple green extra strength (the purple stuff) and a scrub brush makes any boat interior look new. If you have carpet at all scrub on a diagonal and it brings old carpet totally back to life. 

I used some regular simple green on my boat today.  It was quite amazing.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Yes I was, that was the shakedown cruise. 

Second launch today, two attempts one success. Here's the story:

Well, there I was with my wife about to take a cruise on the Niagara River at the Queenston Launch. Unfortunately someone had launched their boat without checking the fuel level and ran out of fuel in the launch port. They promptly tied their boat off, blocking the launch, of course, and buggered off to get fuel. I waited for about 45 min for them to show up, and made a comment to the tattooed woman in the boat that it was quite inconvenient for everyone that they were there.
She took umbrage with that and I could see this would escalate into me demonstrating a side of my personality one does not want to see, so I walked away and left it alone. They finally showed up, 6 boats in the que waiting to retrieve so I said screw it and left for a wonderful launch on the high side of the river. I could overhear her complaining to her compatriots about this bad man that had the unmitigated gall to address the error in judgement. (It was a good thing I left...)

11 hours ago, HTHM said:

Yes I was, that was the shakedown cruise. 

Second launch today, two attempts one success. Here's the story:

Well, there I was with my wife about to take a cruise on the Niagara River at the Queenston Launch. Unfortunately someone had launched their boat without checking the fuel level and ran out of fuel in the launch port. They promptly tied their boat off, blocking the launch, of course, and buggered off to get fuel. I waited for about 45 min for them to show up, and made a comment to the tattooed woman in the boat that it was quite inconvenient for everyone that they were there.
She took umbrage with that and I could see this would escalate into me demonstrating a side of my personality one does not want to see, so I walked away and left it alone. They finally showed up, 6 boats in the que waiting to retrieve so I said screw it and left for a wonderful launch on the high side of the river. I could overhear her complaining to her compatriots about this bad man that had the unmitigated gall to address the error in judgement. (It was a good thing I left...)

Reminds me of the time a group of 6 at the causeway launch on chemong decided that the most appropriate way to launch  their dinghy was to offload it off the top of their car and onto the boat ramp. Fine whatever, but then rather than launching they just shuffled it slightly to the side while they proceeded to load their gear into it and stand around it 

If you have used this launch you will know that the approach is at a 90 degree angle, so sure enough I’m swinging the boat in and I realize that it’s impossible to not hit the dinghy and their fishing rods that are all sticking out of it. 

i make eye contact with one of the 6 and say, excuse me can you move that thing off of the ramp…stunned, no reaction what so ever from the group. I then proceed to back the trailer right up to the dinghy slowly hoping that one of the group will surely notice that I’m about to hit the thing, there are 4 of them standing right there after all…nope.

I give up, I proceed to get out of my truck with my buddy, we walk up the dinghy. Pick it up and literally physically carry the dinghy to an appropriate place out of the frigging way and seemingly the crew continues their conversation in their mother tongue as if we don’t even exist. They literally don’t even look at us as we are standing 2 feet away from them picking up their boat and carrying it. 

i go back and finish launching and they carry on as though absolutely nothing happened.

I have the same boat = except it is a 99 Tracker Targa 1900 - it is phenomenal - i have owned it for 16 yrs 

Will do almost 50mph with full load - you will really enjoy 

Get yourself a power polisher - some high end polish and something to remove the old grime etc and it will be fine

If you have questions email me

Phil

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Silvertracker said:

Get yourself a power polisher - some high end polish and something to remove the old grime etc and it will be fine

i mentioned this earlier in the thread, and ill bump it again, you high speed polish that top coat (make sure to move the polisher quickly or it burns the gel coat! ask me how i know 😁)

You will literally be blown away with the results. The previous owner probably thought the boat was showing its wear, he didnt realize that for $100 he could make the boat look brand new again. Want proof?

Heres two pictures from my annual report thread after I did it on my 98 skeeter

IMG_2995.JPEG.98aa767451bea3bfb4bde5f93fcbda80.JPEG

IMG_2994.JPEG.08aa04347fee253a8930124d3a9c01e1.JPEG

Edited by AKRISONER