Replace fuel hose/bulb

captpierre

Hey Guys. 
Thought it’s time to replace my fuel hose. Will replace original 2007 hose and bulb. No problems. But I’m hearing the hoses deteriorate with time. Can someone guide me through the process, please. . I guess I need to cut one end of the new hose off. How does one get the air out of the line?
Many thanks.F8CA4162-6395-4877-BC4B-BA1F7DE499D3.jpeg.ab4c9579e1bd1040ab51cdae40c8f71f.jpeg40DCEB1A-C641-4ECC-B419-F1F2A3933675.jpeg.18bf424f6bf80db215df5455882bb628.jpeg

Is it leaking? Is it sucking air? Is the fuel hose hard and no longer pliable? Is the bulb hard or can you still squeeze the bulb just fine to prime? If the answer is No, No, No and No I can prime it just fine, then you are wasting your money and time.

9 hours ago, irishfield said:

Is it leaking? Is it sucking air? Is the fuel hose hard and no longer pliable? Is the bulb hard or can you still squeeze the bulb just fine to prime? If the answer is No, No, No and No I can prime it just fine, then you are wasting your money and time.

It’s No to all. But I’ve heard so many stories about the hoses deteriorating with time and lining material getting into engine. I store with stabilized Shell premium in fall but use regular gas during the season.  You don’t think it’s wise to change out the hose after 15 yrs?

3 hours ago, captpierre said:

It’s No to all. But I’ve heard so many stories about the hoses deteriorating with time and lining material getting into engine. I store with stabilized Shell premium in fall but use regular gas during the season.  You don’t think it’s wise to change out the hose after 15 yrs?

Inspect your engine fuel filter. Hose falling apart will clog it, but I can't see anything getting through it. My Lund/275 Verado/9.9 kicker is 15 years old now and no intention of changing any hoses for the same "No" answers....

• Like 1