9.9 motors ?

misfish

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Can anyone tell if this stern in short or long shaft? I only have a pic. I am thinking short due to the dip.

IMG_1095.jpg

Probably short.  Almost all small boats are.  You can measure it.  I think it should be around 15" for a short shaft and 20" for a long shaft.

• Thanks 1

Look at the boat Monday,make a deal. Found a motor,make a deal. Lets hope this works out. Thanks to me buddy that will let me store it at his place .

Now the next question, whats new out there for locking the motor to be anti theft ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, misfish said:

Look at the boat Monday,make a deal. Found a motor,make a deal. Lets hope this works out. Thanks to me buddy that will let me store it at his place .

Now the next question, whats new out there for locking the motor to be anti theft ?

Not really new...

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shoreline-outboard-motor-lock-0798595p.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsdiTBhD5ARIsAIpW8CISM88Y9X93bqd7OmNIj0H4eKw2z5_6KwnarpV6P9ybemUlmJx1yEIaAjZfEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=427

If your worried about theft, insure it. Wont cost much. If someone wants it, its gone, no matter how you lock it up. 

Will be nice to see you out trolling. Any other odds and ends you need? I have tons of stuff here i will likely never use that is useful. 

S. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

If your worried about theft, insure it. Wont cost much. If someone wants it, its gone, no matter how you lock it up. 

Will be nice to see you out trolling. Any other odds and ends you need? I have tons of stuff here i will likely never use that is useful. 

S. 

Scotty electric down riggers. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

I can't see the gas staying this high forever,  sooner or later people won't be able to afford to drive to work and you can only do so much car pooling. 

Just saw Dan McTeague on the news and he's expecting we'll be paying $2.10 next week.

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

I can't see the gas staying this high forever,  sooner or later people won't be able to afford to drive to work and you can only do so much car pooling. 

until you see an actual dip in the demand, the price will continue to soar. 

1 hour ago, cmurn said:

Have you found a motor yet. I have a 9.9 yamaha electric start used it for one season (bought brand new) to small for son and I. I just bought a new 20hp 

Where are you located? Will pm if close to Barrie.

Thanks

On 5/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, misfish said:

Scotty electric down riggers. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

I have 2 manuals if your interested. one big jon with a titelock clamp on gunnel mount, almost new. Also have a scotty with a clamp on mount. I forget which model, but the one thats 2 ft per turn retrieve. 

S. 

• Like 1