Tomiko Lake

Prior to posting my question I had done an extensive search of OFC and found some good info. but much of it from several years ago including several comments stating to the OP "I'll PM you".  This will be my 1st time fishing the lake so hoping to get some new input.

The reason you see the P.M. me response is in the rules of the site we do not allow specific spots to be shared. In the past sharing fishing spots created more issues than it solved. I am sure that once you see the lake you will be able to talk to the locals or the owners of the lodge and they can direct you in the right direction. 

Good luck and happy fishing

Art

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aplumma said:

The reason you see the P.M. me response is in the rules of the site we do not allow specific spots to be shared. In the past sharing fishing spots created more issues than it solved. I am sure that once you see the lake you will be able to talk to the locals or the owners of the lodge and they can direct you in the right direction. 

Good luck and happy fishing

Art

I can understand that policy. I've been a member here for 20 years or more. Not as active as I used to be for various reasons. I'm not looking for fishing spots. Moreso, any particular tackle I should bring with me. Do most jig for them( as we do on  (Nipissing) or troll harnesses? Worms? Minnows? Bodybaits? etc Dusk or dawn better than daytime?

When I fish the Nip most of the time I troll a manns plus 25 deep diving lure in the chrome and blue. This seems to work along the rock walls and ledges. I am not much of a walleye fisherman though but most of the folks go out just before the mosquitos attack at dusk and use worm rigs on the edges of the weed lines that have deep water nearby. 

Art

Hey Huey, where are you staying?  I have been to the lake twice, once in the spring and once in the fall.  Great bass fishery for sure, walleyes are hard to come by you really have to work for them.

I sent you a PM with maps and spots.  Good luck and tight lines!!

Edited by Chrispy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Hey Huey, where are you staying?  I have been to the lake twice, once in the spring and once in the fall.  Great bass fishery for sure, walleyes are hard to come by you really have to work for them.

I sent you a PM with maps and spots.  Good luck and tight lines!!

Staying at Tomiko Lake Lodge. Thank you for the pm!!

• 2 months later...