New tool for the trade

misfish

I want to first start off with this post is nothing against my buddy and rod builder here Spiel. He does the best work and I understand the 2 year waiting list.

I wanted a new stick for the Blue Zeppelin I won, and talking to a few local buddies,they recommended a guy to get one done by. So I called and asked a few questions and we set a time to discuss and look over his shop and inventory. After arriving at his place and talking,I noticed a few pictures he had hanging around. As we both have aged,I recognized him in his younger years and turns out,we fished the same spots together many years ago. Humber,credit,Pot D, four sisters,Bronte and the whirlpool.

I chose all the stuff I wanted and even laid out my own fore grip and butt.

I picked it up today and am very happy with the way it turned out. No flashy stuff, just a nice clean cork handle that was turned down to fit my grip. The blank is a North Fork Delta.

The weight for a 13.6 stick is crazy light .

20220412_102745.jpg.7035a5a2603484b6fa4effa6f0860022.jpg

Like I said,no offense to my buddy here.

Now to get hooked up and see how it handles.

20220412_102750.jpg.2117f62755d0ae739e0339d4147e9454.jpg

20220412_121244.jpg.76da33ea85b5c30b77724d05bdddf030.jpg

20220412_121316.jpg.ce1182129fd2d05d5205b8b9565c6d37.jpg

20220412_121323.jpg.e1eaabd1d0e7124def37e3c214bef288.jpg

20220412_121345.jpg.b3c9ea3aac081a6f4eed66fec30dabac.jpg

• Like 6

It looks beautiful Misfish, I love everything about it, especially the cork handle. He obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to building custom rods. Very nice reel by the way. It looks as though they were indeed made for each other.

Edited by Barry Willis
left something out
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

It looks beautiful Misfish, I love everything about it, especially the cork handle. He obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to building custom rods. Very nice reel by the way. It looks as though they were indeed made for each other.

Thanks

Clean cork handle. is the only way for me. The pin is flashy enough as it is. LOL

That is a nice looking rod.

I like the low key but quality look and your choices in components, cork, seat and finish work nice with each other.

I also know the gentleman who built and signed it and will vouch for both his rod building abilities and his character.  

All around good guy who does good work!

The weight on it is less than a fair number of 12'6/13' rods, should be fun to fish for sure.

I've never fished one, does the zepplin balance out nicely? 

Good fishing, hope you get to test it out on a freshy right away, let us know how it does. 

R

• Thanks 1

As much as guys will tell you “I catch fish on an ugly stick!”

there’s just something about a beautiful set up that’s almost like a big diamond ring to me, except it’s functional as well.

I’ve got a MB destroyer with a FX68 that you’d think were literally sold as a combo they pair and balance up so beautifully. 

enjoy the rod and make sure you post pics the first time you test out the flex on it!

• Like 1