Any HVAC guys around? Stupid “c” wire question for google nest

Doing a simple nest thermostat upgrade for a friend and he assumed there was no common wire. He ordered the Nest power adapter and I went over to install.

Didnt have much time but after looking at his current setup it looked like it had the blue c wire but it was connected the aux of the original thermostat.

I installed the nest and used the blue as the common. I have included images. I had to run quickly but doing a quick setup everything looked good but I think I got a c wire missing message. 

Anyways everything running but will go back (with more time) to install the nest power adapter if in fact the blue wire isnt common.

Any help appreciated. 

4765C17A-23D1-49FC-9829-AA31CBB9B76D.jpeg

DDC8EFF0-1453-4CA1-8BBD-E80828FA5507.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Just wanna add that you might consider taking a multimeter and checking for 24 volts between the R and C terminals to confirm the blue wire is, in fact, a common wire. If not, then installing the Nest power adapter as you initially planned would be the right way to go. But if you're not 100% confident or run into other issues, sometimes it's best to bring in the pros. Companies that specialize in AC repair like ac repair in Riverview, FL are well-versed in HVAC systems and smart thermostat installations. They can provide expert services that go beyond just a quick fix, ensuring that everything is set up properly and functioning efficiently.

Edited by AlmaMatter