Come on softwater

wkrp

Speaking of 10lbs. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not taking up my Dad's hunting and fishing buddy's offer. He had his hunting and fishing camp, he called it, but it looked more like a lodge on Manitoulin Island. He told me, and this was just steps from the door in his harbor, for every walleye I caught over 10lbs. he would give me 25 cents, for everyone I caught under 10lbs. he would give me ten dollars. Sure wish I'd went. My Dad was actually born  (in 1919) and raised in Little Current. He said back then you could walk down main street with a 30lb. northern or 6lb smallmouth and no one would pay any attention to it as most everyone caught them that size. 

On 4/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, LostAnotherOne said:

Was out a few weekends ago.  Only boat out there.  It rained and snowed the whole time and it took me a few days to recover from that.  Glad I brought my rake for the launch thou.01D59BA8-5CA9-41F4-A821-086D61743312.jpeg.3992d999a9a474db6b62847ee63118d5.jpeg

You catch any cats LostAnotherOne? We were out in the area for a few hrs on friday just to run the boat. We boated 4 cats, no giants though 

Last year March 25th we had a bit of a warm kick that lined up with a Friday I believe.

this year I’m sitting and waiting patiently, and I’m dying cause I’ve reconfigured the boat set up and want to test it out. Unfortunately obligations this time of year trump the boat.

a good quote I heard once is the off-season is when I save my marriage 😂

Originally the forecast for this week looked super promising, and it still kinda is for down here but up north it really “cooled off” especially for this weekend the forecast is now +1 and snowing for Saturday. 

looks like the boats not getting out until the 23rd ish at the earliest me thinks, may even be the may 1 weekend!