Electrical question

Turned on the fluorescent lights in the workshop yesterday and everything works fine except the lights above the bench. 

Power comes from the switch to the center of an 8' fixture with 4 tubes then branches off and feeds 8 other fixtures in the room. Everything was good until yesterday when I turned on the lights and all worked except the 1st fixture in the line. I have power all through the fixture so that's good and I'm thinking the ballast is shot and hoped one of our electricians could verify or give me another idea.

There's power in the wires leading to the ballast but no apparent power in the ballast its self but I don't know if that's normal or not.

Bottom picture shows the light above the bench when it's working normally and feeding all the others.

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

009_2.webp

Edited by lew

40 minutes ago, Spiel said:

I have one as well (honestly) and I'm much closer.  ;)

LOL Chris, I have a few in stock along with a bunch of other materials that I no longer need because I don't install anymore, I still work just don't do the manual stuff anymore.

Lew your garage is way to clean and really doesn't look right to me without a Skeeter in it 🙂

• Like 1

Just got back from town with the correct ballast but won't get it installed today as I'm putting up a new gazebo but it'll give me something to do tomorrow and thanks again for the assist boys.

And I agree about the Skeeter Phil, it still seems odd to me sometimes too but I've still got pictures of it parked there  LOL.

001_1.webp

• Sad 1

Oh Man, I look at the picture of your Skeeter in the shop and I can see my 50 Chey sitting right beside it. Someday I'll have a man cave that will house my toys and hobbies. Until then I'll keep dreaming of yours!

Very nice Lew!

Enjoy.

Dan...

44 minutes ago, irishfield said:

Did you want me to ship you over some dirt Lew... that shop's too damn clean...:D

It's clean in that picture but believe me Wayne, it doesn't always look that good  LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Or you could just mosey on down to Home Depot and pick one up.  ;)

Picked one up last week and installed it the next day and all's right with the world once again. 🙂

• Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, lew said:

Jeeez, I could have turned this into a great road trip, down thru Southern Ontario, then on to Southern Ohio then all the way northwest to Yellow Knife and back home again. 😁

Well, I can't go on that long of a road trip, but I'd be into a day's worth of crop touring; once I get the Chevy back on the road. How times have changed, a crop tour used to mean hitting the country roads right after picking up a 2/4 at the in&out store. Now it actually means looking at the crops and scenery. LOL I'll let you know Lew when the car is ready. Just a couple of warnings, Roscoe will likely be riding with us

Roscoe.jpg.4761cd58cfe8169090d1ac44700368d2.jpg

and the car only has 4/60 air conditioning. 

Dan...