Thank you Uncle Douggie

misfish

On 4/10/2022 at 10:39 AM, dave524 said:

Worked 3 12's one week and 4 12's the next most of my career, 20/30 years ago, worked every other weekend but the ones you didn't were 3 days weekends

Same shift I'm on.. no such thing as a 4 day work week in the steel mills..

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, 410001661 said:

But you do know that working a 4 day week will reduce your pay by 20%  I think a 4 way work week is a terrible idea.  You think that supply chain issues are bad now imagine when factories reduce production by 20% - contractors, retailers, restaurants. 

Worked  3 12's one week and 4 12's the next , 2 week rotation , that is 7x12=84  so actually picked up 4 hours O.T. every 2 weeks  and no 5 day work week 

• Like 2

Well, I did get my refund as well, and put it away.

You guys with those 40 and 44 hour work weeks had the world by the tail.  In my line of work, 80 hours a week was not considered unusual, and we were paid for 37.5 hours a week.  Period, no such thing as overtime pay for salaried people.  But the pension is golden, and I am not complaining.😉

Doug

On 4/19/2022 at 9:05 PM, akaShag said:

Well, I did get my refund as well, and put it away.

You guys with those 40 and 44 hour work weeks had the world by the tail.  In my line of work, 80 hours a week was not considered unusual, and we were paid for 37.5 hours a week.  Period, no such thing as overtime pay for salaried people.  But the pension is golden, and I am not complaining.😉

Doug

Please do not say teacher - LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2