Thank you Uncle Douggie

misfish

Got my refund for my lic yesterday, and wouldnt you know it,there was a real purdy thing up for a raffle. Spent a bit of it and

Shazammmmmmmmmmmm

Limited additon, #7,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2142213372_camopurple.jpg.596c6ba61ad5a996c3767c674ca49743.jpg

574737856_purplezep.jpg.0362b076f1626a018d61e647b23c0916.jpg

Thanks Uncle Douggie.

Keep your negative comments to yourselves about my uncle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, BillM said:

Nice Brian!  It's too bad the gauges are on the rise today lol.  I need to break in that MyKiss II of mine.

$1.58 this morning at Costco Bill. 90 lt tank was not cheap, but my travel is limited.

Start my new job tomorrow. Thank god it,s only a min drive. The only thing is,I have weekdays to fish now,so that might cut into my savings. LOL

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

Looking forward to my refund. Wish the 4 day work week article I read wasn’t an April fools joke. I vote for whomever tables that one! We work too goddamn much

Worked 3 12's one week and 4 12's the next most of my career, 20/30 years ago, worked every other weekend but the ones you didn't were 3 days weekends

Edited by dave524
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 7:40 AM, Hack_Fisherman said:

Looking forward to my refund. Wish the 4 day work week article I read wasn’t an April fools joke. I vote for whomever tables that one! We work too goddamn much

But you do know that working a 4 day week will reduce your pay by 20%  I think a 4 way work week is a terrible idea.  You think that supply chain issues are bad now imagine when factories reduce production by 20% - contractors, retailers, restaurants. 

2 hours ago, Terry said:

Well depends on how many hours you work a day, in the summer we use to work 10 hours a day four days a week

my math says I didn’t lose any pay

New job shifts are 4 days 10 hrs, both days and afternoon. My shift is Friday-Sunday day shift , 3 12,s paid 40. I have to say,I would take both,but having 4 days off , is nice. Plenty of time to do lots of stuff, and no weekend crowds.

• Like 3

Back in my days as a fireman we had a great shift.

We'd work 4 days then get 6 days off, then work 4 nights and get 4 days off, then we'd do 3 days followed by 3 nights and get 4 days off and that was the month done. We worked 10 hour days and 14 nights so it was long shifts in fewer days but lots of time off in-between.

Basically it was 7 day shifts & 7 night shifts a month that worked out to 168 hours a month or 42 hours a week

I've been retired 22 years now but these days they work 7 shifts per month and each shift is 24 hours which again is 168 hours per month..

On 4/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, Terry said:

Well depends on how many hours you work a day, in the summer we use to work 10 hours a day four days a week

my math says I didn’t lose any pay

That is not what the Lib's are referring to when they talk about a 4 day work week.  While you are at it go for a 24hr shift like the fire fighters - 7 x 24hr shifts a month and your done.

I still prefer my schedule.........the life of a sales engineer (no punching clocks for this guy). 

Get paid to golf and fish......I would add hunting as well but I just need to find a good customer that likes to hunt - LOL.  Flexible schedule so LOTS of time for fishing and hunting & for the most part I can work remotely. 

Edited by 410001661
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 2:07 PM, lew said:

Back in my days as a fireman we had a great shift.

We'd work 4 days then get 6 days off, then work 4 nights and get 4 days off, then we'd do 3 days followed by 3 nights and get 4 days off and that was the month done. We worked 10 hour days and 14 nights so it was long shifts in fewer days but lots of time off in-between.

Basically it was 7 day shifts & 7 night shifts a month that worked out to 168 hours a month or 42 hours a week

I've been retired 22 years now but these days they work 7 shifts per month and each shift is 24 hours which again is 168 hours per month..

I look after a bunch of college buildings in Brantford which a few are unfortunately located next to a homeless shelter.  I see those fire guys everyday helping people who overdose.  I have my opinion about that but I'll keep that to myself.  Lew, how was the overdose situation when you were still working?

I held out till the end of paying for my stickers and now I sit here waiting for my money back.  I’m not sure if it’s a new rod or reel. Maybe just some gas money for towing.  I check the mail every day and nothing.  Can I get the interest money too? 
what were these stickers for? It was just another tax.  Can I get a refund for all the stickers I’ve bought over the years?  

10 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Lew, how was the overdose situation when you were still working?

We'd see it the odd time but certainly nothing like what's happening in some parts of the country today.

And as far as the sticker rebate, I got a cheque yesterday for $320. 

Edited by lew
  • Like 1