Advice please

GFolds

What's the best way of cleaned my boots, waders, fishing stuff to prevent mud snails or algae getting caught there?

Also, was wondering what's the most effective way of draining and cleaning my boat (motor, livewell, hull, bilge) to prevent zebra and Quagga mussels hiding there? Apparently that's a really common way they're transported...I know BC has mandatory inspections and blast everything with hot water, and make sure everything's drained and dry

I think making sure everything in contact with water is clean, drained and dry after a trip should do the trick. There's tons of info out there but I'll stick to basic common sense to prevent any getting stuck. I'll start cleaning my livewell too

They left the barn doors open far too long here.  The horses have left the building.  Just do your best to drain your wells and your bilge at the launch and clean the crap off your trailer at the launch.  Every so often I give my hull a wipe down with vinegar and water to get the spots off and tidy it up, but I imagine that doesn’t do much for mussels.

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, porkpie said:

They left the barn doors open far too long here.  The horses have left the building.  Just do your best to drain your wells and your bilge at the launch and clean the crap off your trailer at the launch.  Every so often I give my hull a wipe down with vinegar and water to get the spots off and tidy it up, but I imagine that doesn’t do much for mussels.

The mussels can survive in the motors and ballasts too if you've got them, they can be drained and dried too