Bass tourny,s changing

misfish

I just watched this 15 min video of the last day of a bass tourny in the states, RedCrest. No fish go in the live well and no nets . There is a scrutineer with the angler with an electronic scale that is linked to the main depot. Just catch,weigh and back in it goes. I have to say,I really like this and it was cool to watch. There was one time the scale would not reset right and I felt bad for the angler,as this cut into his time on the water catching another,but then again,there was the winner that had a fish weighed 3 x to get the proper weight.

I dought this will happen up here anytime soon, but hope it does. I am not saying keeping in the live well is wrong,just nice to see another option to better releasing and keeping the fish from being sloshed around in the well all day. also saves racing home to get to the weigh in.

Bobby lane was so over whelmed.

Very cool to watch.  Not the video I watched, but it shows the weighing in.

• Like 1

Different formats but MLF is struggling to catch up with BASS. Of course not livewelling fish is better for them, but at the same time there is something to be said for "weigh ins" especially at the highest level. The entire buzz around a weigh in is lost with the MLF Format. Even more lame was when they made the format about overall weight rather than best 5. Theyve adjusted a lot of tournaments back from that format because seriously catching 60 dinks is nowhere near as impressive as bringing in a 20lb best 5.

The BASS events in texas are an interesting hybrid of these two formats due to the share lunker regulations in texas. You are able to bring one large fish to weigh in, but anything in that "slot" has to be released after weighing. 

I dont personally see too many tournaments moving to this format too quick simply due to the scrutineer requirement places a heck of a lot of burden for additional resources on hosting a bass tournament. No one wants to go for a boat ride with me to watch me catch bass lol.

I know tournaments catch flak from a lot of non-tournament anglers, but in truth tournament anglers are keeping smaller numbers of fish in their livewell and releasing them then your standard meat fisherman. furthermore with dead fish penalties we are incentivized to do everything in our power to take care of the fish in our livewells. Its kind of comical to place blame on guys that release all of their fish while live welling a lower than limit total number of fish vs the guys that eat everything they catch.

Even funnier is the aura around bass...if its a 4lb smallie you better release it immediately, but if its a 4lb whitey that pickle is hitting the frying pan immediately lol.

Edited by AKRISONER

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I dont personally see too many tournaments moving to this format too quick simply due to the scrutineer requirement places a heck of a lot of burden for additional resources on hosting a bass tournament. No one wants to go for a boat ride with me to watch me catch bass lo

I personally scrutineered with some of the best and never once, do I regret it. It,s what got me to try it on my own. Being one for you well,I can watch you catch dinks after dinks all day long. LOL

Looks like I hit a nerve. LMAO

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, glen said:

I’ve watched some do this on tv and it’s nice to get the weight then see them swim away.   
they could live stream to a crowd on shore (giant tv) and on tv at home.  

There was a huge crowd at the main spot. I was surprised how many there were. 

I don't think you could ever get enough people to sit in a boat all day and weight fish.

Maybe if you paid a living wage to weight masters.

MLF and this system is owned by a billionaire tournament fisherman. The second he loses interest it's over.

• Like 1