Odyssey question

kickingfrog

It's funny how I've gone from always having cash on me to using credit or debit cards in the last 2 years but I think you are both right, but I was just hoping it wasn't the case. I also understand why small businesses wouldn't want to pay the fees the card companies charge.

You're right about that. A lot people don't realize is that the little debit machine that you enter your card on, the business where you are making your purchase pays a rental fee to the bank for these and sometimes depending on their contract they are charged for each transaction. So in other words some vendors are unlikely to have one. 

Edited by Barry Willis

30 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

You're right about that. A lot people don't realize is that the little debit machine that you enter your card on, the business where you are making your purchase pays a rental fee to the bank for these and sometimes depending on their contract they are charged for each transaction. So in other words some vendors are unlikely to have one. 

and what you spend will not show up on the bank statement 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kickingfrog said:

It's funny how I've gone from always having cash on me to using credit or debit cards in the last 2 years but I think you are both right, but I was just hoping it wasn't the case. I also understand why small businesses wouldn't want to pay the fees the card companies charge.

With cash,I always found better deals. No tax. Some play the card,I have to charge the tax,government says so. What ever. LOL