Correction required

Barry Willis

23 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

On my last long winded post I mentioned I had caught a 7.2lb small mouth bass, It should have read 5.2lb. That's what happens when I'm typing without wearing my binoculars.

Click on the 3 dots,then click edit,and clean up your mess. LOL

Thanks for that misfish, I was just going to message you. I didn't even know I could click on them dots. From one old fart to another I am not very computer literate or good with todays electronic gadgets. I recently purchased a Helix 7 g3 and will likely need someone younger to show me how to use it. Can't wait. Like yourself I have always been partial to Lowrance/ Eagle. Hummingbird has come a long way over the years  I done my homework and it is an awesome unit. Some law enforcement departments south of the border use them to locate as sad as it is, the bodies of drowning victims. Any way, keep tying them Old Yella's. nice work.

• Like 1

If I was to go back to the lake I caught that small mouth bass. I guarantee I could set a Canadian record. I've seen them far more than twice the size. Cruising in pairs. It's just a small natural lake in a deep valley. Never any chop on the water, always calm.  Due to soil erosion along the bank trees have fallen into the water making a  perfect habitat for them to hide but it's a bear to get over them without sending warning signs. And they see me sooner than I see them. The only way I caught this one was to go when it was raining (I knew where it was, I had seen it several times before, always in the same place under a fallen cedar tree) So with the rain pelting down I knew it couldn't see above the surface and see me.  So after much slipping and sliding and sending vibrations into the water I waited for forty minutes and tossed out a jitter bug and he grabbed it right away. Unfortunately, for me any way someone bought the surrounding land lake included. With in minutes of going there to fish they are in their boat to get you off their property. And no permission is granted. 

Holy smokes, that's a big smallie. Good for you Man. There's not doubt it would be over 6lbs. I remember when I was a kid I saw a 6 pounder hanging on a wall in a lodge. It's been my dream since to catch one that big but it isn't looking very promising. It must have give you quite a scrap. Pound for pound it's hard to beat the fight of a smallie. On that same trip I caught a 3lb. the way that thing fought I thought I had my 6 pounder. 

Haha; good for you. I like that. As the old saying goes - all fishermen are liars except for you and I. but to tell you the truth, I'm not to sure about you. Another one I posted a few months back (you may have seen it) what's the difference between hunters and fishermen? Hunters lie and wait, fishermen wait and lie.