Propane or Heat Pump?

I am thinking about installing a heating unit in our 1200 sf insulated cottage with no ducts. Currently I use a wood stove and am considering a Mitsubishi high efficiency heat pump or an Empire Ultrasaver 90 plus propane wall furnace.  Any comments or experiences you have on either type of system would be appreciated.

My father has a Mitsubishi heat pump and likes the quality and cost to run it.  I am moving soon where Enbridge isn't an option I will be following this too.  There are no big bullet or any propane tanks currently at my new to me place...  

10 hours ago, GBW said:

My father has a Mitsubishi heat pump and likes the quality and cost to run it.  I am moving soon where Enbridge isn't an option I will be following this too.  There are no big bullet or any propane tanks currently at my new to me place...  

How does your father's MItsubishi heat pump work when it is cold (-25C) ? Thanks for your reply

I think most are useless lower then -20 well not useless but not very efficient and the thing will frost up which will make it even less efficient at those temps 

but if you are willing to add electric heat or a propane fireplace for the colder days, they work well and cool your house in the summer 

4 hours ago, Terry said:

I think most are useless lower then -20 well not useless but not very efficient and the thing will frost up which will make it even less efficient at those temps 

The older heat pumps did not work well at -20C but Mitsubishi claims its high efficiency models work down to -30C. How well I am not sure.

11 hours ago, 16 Footer said:

How does your father's MItsubishi heat pump work when it is cold (-25C) ? Thanks for your reply

So far so good.  His is now a year to two old and happy with it.  His Samsung units (yes he had more than one fail) were brutal.