Pura Vida - A trip to Costa Rica

gordy28

A few weeks back I was lucky enough to head south to Costa Rica for a week of R and R

It was mainly spending time with the family, chilling at the pool and learning the phrase - Cerveza por favor!
We did do some excursions, wet a line and I think I now want to buy an ATV lol

This was my second time to CR and I loved it - the wildlife, topography and people are second to non IMO 

Here is a full write up and below a few of my favorite pictures

https://www.northernjacks.com/post/pura-vida

AndrewFwjrQed.jpg

62bJ3a2.jpg

w22DbQ6.jpg

MMdf3Ub.jpg

l1vknz0.jpg

• Like 1

Great trip report, thanks for the link.   Next trip try southern pacific, Jaco south to Quepos even Corcovado, huge charter fishing industry and lots of sailfish etc. The climate is a little more 'tropical' as opposed to the dry Liberia/Guanacaste region.  We've been to CR 10 times and I still haven't fished,  I'm ashamed to admit (We've driven' everywhere, there, though lol).  Great country Great people. Pura Vida

On 3/10/2022 at 9:21 AM, OMCDinosaur said:

Great trip report, thanks for the link.   Next trip try southern pacific, Jaco south to Quepos even Corcovado, huge charter fishing industry and lots of sailfish etc. The climate is a little more 'tropical' as opposed to the dry Liberia/Guanacaste region.  We've been to CR 10 times and I still haven't fished,  I'm ashamed to admit (We've driven' everywhere, there, though lol).  Great country Great people. Pura Vida

For sure.  I have started using Duolingo to learn some Spanish.  In my dreams I see myself wintering there in retirement!   Just need this lotto max ticket to come through!

cheers

Andrew

When in doubt smile and say 'pura vida'...LOL...Your pics made me go through some of ours, its been 2 years since we been last.  We are going next January with a bunch of peeps, SOME of which I can convince to go on a charter for my Holy Grail a Marlin.....Thanks for keeping the tropical buzz goin'. 

• 1 year later...

Great report. We have considered CR a couple of times but it has always come up runner up to a different spot. This past Feb we went to Cuba and our snorkelling tour allowed me to troll with a rod they had hooked up as well. I was less fortunate...had one rip but it didn't hook up