Lots of walking and drilling

misfish

The past 2 days I have probly walked 5-7 miles drilling here and there. Yesterday was a bust,just one whitie on and unbutton half way up.It sure was a great day to just walk and fish though. No hub,heater,just the finder,auger and sleigh. This morning was the same,another great day to just go and explore.

Every hole I drilled there were perch. Anywhere from 29 fow up to 16 fow. I probly hooked well over the 100 mark in 5 hours. This morning before I left,I did a quick tie of a couple of shrimp scuds. Turned out to be the right move. 98% of the perch took the high hook tandem above a Meegs bait. Even got 2 on the Meegs.

Really like the pin set up combo. The tip on this rod is so sensitive. You can even pick up a bite when the perch take the fly up.

I could of easy kept a 50 limit,but I do not freeze fish and I hate cleaning these buggers. LOL

Going to be fresh fried taco,s tonight.

20220309_115927.jpg.3661fb89cc0998ef2ccb3a0ccf766b57.jpg

20220309_082023.jpg.47de92929f36e26db7645dce7ea2fda8.jpg

• Like 6

This may be old news and I expect it is (yeah I know I've been out of touch and need to get out more) but several years ago I was watching of course a fishing show and the host had a hand held little unit that after clearing the snow from the ice he poured water on it and held this device or a part of in the water on the ice and it gave him the depth and would even mark fish. I figured what a time saver, it would sure eliminate alot of the guess work and the time it takes to drill holes. At that time they were around $150:00 which I thought was a little pricy but on the other hand, less wear and tear on the auger not to mention myself. I don't remember what they are called. 

15 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

This may be old news and I expect it is (yeah I know I've been out of touch and need to get out more) but several years ago I was watching of course a fishing show and the host had a hand held little unit that after clearing the snow from the ice he poured water on it and held this device or a part of in the water on the ice and it gave him the depth and would even mark fish. I figured what a time saver, it would sure eliminate alot of the guess work and the time it takes to drill holes. At that time they were around $150:00 which I thought was a little pricy but on the other hand, less wear and tear on the auger not to mention myself. I don't remember what they are called. 

I zip through the ice with my electric set up in seconds and my battery's last all day,so no need for that thing, and yes , there are so many myths out there about using a transducer through the ice. Even one with using windshield washer in a bag with the ducer. My finbor 3  6" ,is 10 years old,(right Terry) and cuts like a hot knife through butta. I look for possible spots and only drill on them. I just dont drill anywhere and here.

Back at it in the morning byes. Perch were mighty tasty, and well,I would love another nice fresh feed. Might do a breaky dinner of fried eggs and fish and some smokey bacon.  Dang,got me drooling already.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 10:12 AM, Snowball said:

Misfish:

Try cleaning Perch like this:

Regards,

Snowball

I bet ten people have sent me that video over the years.  The guy CLAIMS he could do that in ten seconds, and I call Bull on that.  AND HE LEAVES ALL THE BONES IN.  Who on earth wants to eat a perch with the bones still in?  That is a pathetic excuse for cleaning perch, and a great big fat lie about how long it takes.  Perch are a dream to fillet because of their bone structure.  And a person who is skilled with a filleting knife can take a perch and produce two boneless, skinless fillets in well under a minute. 

Doug