Proud Pappy

My son texted me a pic of my small (under 4' when opened) feeler gauge set? I thought what the hell is this about, and then he explained.

761323120_Feelergauge-Copy.jpg.c6bcf18146f7059f03404cfc3bc484c3.jpg

He goes on to say, Dad did you ever think that when you bought these feeler gauges, they'd someday be used on a prototype Corvette? Not sure what the issue was (a vibration of some sort) with the Vet, but my son was called in to try and help find the answer? He knew where he had to measure was going to be very tight, that's why he grabbed my small feeler gauge set. After rectifying the issue with a few shims; Andy was offered a ride in the prototype, with the test driver for GM in this 2024 corvette. "Dad this is the fastest car I have ever been in"  A nice feather in his hat at GM's Michigan proving grounds. Not to brag (Yes I am), but he's being noticed by the heads of engineering of Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. When he was 10 or 12, he said to me that one day I want to work at a large company, building cars. His and my dream has come true!!! Andy was raised here in London Ont. He went to UOIT in Oshawa and has his BA in Automotive Engineering. He was offered a job as an engineer with GM in Warren Michigan. This was after he sold his design (working at Cooper Standard at the time) of the 2016 Camaro, Corvette, and Cadillac engine mount. He commutes from here in Ontario to Michigan most days. "Dad I'll take their US monies, but I am Canadian and not going to live south of the border".  Proud!!! Hell Yeah!!! 

Dan...  

• Like 9

Dan, there is nothing better than seeing a child succeed, even better to follow in your footsteps/knowledge. I was successful typographer in ad agencies, one of my daughters took marketing and is doing very well for herself. At one time she worked where I had preciously been. When she got hired I received an email from vice president: I she one of yours!  :), she is well known in the business as was I. At one point a client had left our agency, in the onboarding process I had to consult them and she was included in the conversations, in her comments on conversations she always referred to me as Mr Macchiusi, never dad, lol. She is now client side and the agencies are her clients. 
all the best for your son Dan, he has had good guidence.

Edited by ketchenany
  • Like 1

Talking of daughters, she's another one where I can be very proud of!!! Michelle like her brother were both raised here in London. Attended the local public school and secondary. She then went to Laurier U in Waterloo Ont. and got her BA in history and the arts. From there she went on to Ottawa U and received her law degree. She is now working at McKenzie Lake Law firm (here in London) as one of their lawyers. I tease her a lot, about being an ambulance chaser, as she is a personal injury lawyer. LOL. It feels so good knowing that my kids (& grandkids) are set and going forward. I won't even begin on their spouses other than saying my son's wife is a nurse at sick kids hospital (a very hard and emotional job) and my daughter's husband is an engineer working at General Dynamics (London Ont.) building armored vehicles.

Dan...

PS: Come on everyone tell us about what your kids and or family have done to make you proud!!!  

Edited by DanD
  • Like 1