Simcoe ice

Man, do you guys ever remember a winter recently with this much ice? I’m just south of innisfil beach road on simcoe and I have close to 3 feet of ice in my bay. Last weekend it was the entire length of my manual ice auger and shaft lol!

Anymore ice I’ll have too chip the rest after I use the auger lol 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, akaShag said:

And "everybody" drove their trucks and cars out on the lake..............

I remember that trip when you had the old double cab Dodge and we we going to get the 10 ton hut off Lefroy, must have been going warp speed.  Then there was the other trip when I think it was you driving the snowmobile dragging an empty trailer and Marcel got run over when he fell off the front.  surprised that he didn't have a bunch of broken ribs.  None worse for the wear.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2022 at 6:04 PM, LefroyFisherman said:

Man, do you guys ever remember a winter recently with this much ice? I’m just south of innisfil beach road on simcoe and I have close to 3 feet of ice in my bay. Last weekend it was the entire length of my manual ice auger and shaft lol!

Anymore ice I’ll have too chip the rest after I use the auger lol 

2013/14.  Bottomed out gas auger.  Didn’t have extension with us.  Had to move several times to get slightly thinner ice just to get fishing.  Was on the ice on an atv much later than most years!

Edited by porkpie

2 hours ago, porkpie said:

2013/14.  Bottomed out gas auger.  Didn’t have extension with us.  Had to move several times to get slightly thinner ice just to get fishing.  Was on the ice on an atv much later than most years!

Nice, I had a hut out in lefroy one year when we had a lot of ice too, had the truck out a bunch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misfish said:

28" this morning. Fish around,no hits. BRUTAL. LOL

On a  back lake for four hours, 6 of us fishing, 7 dink perch and three OOS largemouth.  BRUTAL.

But we only had maybe 16 inches of ice, which surprised the hell out of me.

45 minutes ago, Beans said:

Saw a pick-up truck and a hut out on Chemong Lake (North of the causeway) on our way down to P"Boro yesterday...Guess they got lots also...

Been many years since  have drove on the ice Norm. The past 2 weeks I have been. Good traveling conditions and just a few snow drifts. Nothing the Ram couldn't handle.  Done with that now though. Last day today. Will be getting some exercise the rest of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, misfish said:

Been many years since  have drove on the ice Norm. The past 2 weeks I have been. Good traveling conditions and just a few snow drifts. Nothing the Ram couldn't handle.  Done with that now though. Last day today. Will be getting some exercise the rest of the season.

Don't know about you folks, but K-town forecast for tomorrow is plus 12 with rain and winds 50 gusting to 75.  NOT GOOD for the ice!!!