Gas going up huge they say

1 hour ago, pics said:

I expect to see fewer people buying the Dodge Hemis to commute to work.. my truck isn't great on has but I don't have to go far.. I will have to be careful when going fishing because it's more than an hour to get to long point or Burwell.. my boat is only 50 hp so it's good on gas..

Pick up a new Ram last year but decided to just go with the V6.  It’s hauls my 14’ no problem.  I rarely see one that’s not the Hemi out there.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

I head the Hemi is being phased out for a turbo 6 and future electrics

I'd like to see more of a hybrid system for trucks. When I go north I need both pulling power and range..  going 1400 km in one day in an electric isn't feasible right now..

• Like 1

I'm thinking that a lot of people are overlooking Hydrogen cell fueled vehicles. Yes, it'll mean stopping at a fuel station, and eventually, we might get gouged again price-wise? But we can produce our own hydrogen at home right now. At this time I do not know of a system that can produce enough (homemade) hydrogen to supply a vehicle, but the way technology is going it won't be long before there are systems; as long as there is consumer demand for it?  With hydrogen, there is no high voltage battery pack to power the electric motor(s). There's no gasoline or diesel-fueled engine to charge batteries or power the vehicle. Safety-wise, if there's an accident that ruptures a fuel tank (cell), all hydrogen wants to do is head for the shy and as fast as it can! Where does gasoline and diesel go, possibly feeding a fire?

Some Reading

And a bit more reading

Sorry but duel fuel (Electric/fossil) is a double jab up the ass. One last thought, what is the environmental impact of building all these batteries? Let alone what do we do with them when they are burnt out? Dig a deeper hole to bury them?

Dan.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 12:41 PM, pics said:

I expect to see fewer people buying the Dodge Hemis to commute to work.. my truck isn't great on has but I don't have to go far.. I will have to be careful when going fishing because it's more than an hour to get to long point or Burwell.. my boat is only 50 hp so it's good on gas..

I wouldn’t have bought my last truck if I hadn’t had a big boat to pull.  My commute is very short fortunately.  Still, as I am starting to see the way the wind is blowing these days, I’m starting to consider moving it along in favour of a smaller rig.  That means the boat is going to have to move along for a bit smaller rig.  Bummer, but adaptability is key.  The electric rigs aren’t readily available and just don’t have the range for someone that likes to travel!

• Like 1