Gas going up huge they say

And how much does this bunch of 20L cans cost to save a few cents?  $25 + tax +$28.25 not to forget the cost of gas to drive there and back for 1 20L can.   So even if gas goes up .10C a litre, you would have to buy 280 litres just to cover the cost of 1 gas can, and, then don't forget you're burning gas to go to the gas station to fill them up.  BTW, I didn't add the cost of stabil either.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

And how much does this bunch of 20L cans cost to save a few cents?  $25 + tax +$28.25 not to forget the cost of gas to drive there and back for 1 20L can.   So even if gas goes up .10C a litre, you would have to buy 280 litres just to cover the cost of 1 gas can, and, then don't forget you're burning gas to go to the gas station to fill them up.  BTW, I didn't add the cost of stabil either.

I thought the same thing. Eventually you have to refill it. Hopefully they come to their sense and we can go back to normal. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ketchenany said:

Hopefully, they come to their sense and we can go back to normal. 

The oil companies haven't lost their senses; if anything they know how to manipulate people, getting us accustomed to this NEW normal!

Dan...  

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, misfish said:

For rent,air filled dingy for those that what to save gas money. Rental is $50 an hour per rider. Max is unsure,but if your sinking,to many riders. Environment friendly. Electric motor not gas. Cheap cheap.

What happened to 2 for $5.00 deal? 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fisherman said:

I don't know why they are blaming the price of oil/gas going up on the current state of the world.  We should blame our own asylum for not having adequate means of producing and refining.

That makes far too much sense lmao. The asylum  moniker is perfect hehe...

Well I had a butt cramp on the way to town this morning, yesterday it was $1.59, this morning diesel has gone up to $1.85.  Imagine where the price of groceries is going.  I would suspect gas thefts will be happening.

Edited by Fisherman

I did some googling. Apparently the United States produces just about all their own gas domestically. They’ve seen a pretty similar rise in prices over the past few days or year. There’s more to it than just lack of domestic supply 

• Like 2

I know I complained about oil companies and their somewhat legal price-fixing, but the taxman is also standing there in the line with his hands out. Approx. $0.28 of every liter of gasoline is "the road" tax. Road tax was supposed to go away after our economy recovered from WWII? I guess we're still paying? Now if road tax actually went directly to veterans or their families since WWII or the other conflicts that Canada has been involved with, I wouldn't mind. Where are the two bits + going???

Dan.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, BillM said:

Look at the price breakdown on a litre of gas and you'll know who needs to cut the people some breaks.   Tax, tax and more tax.

And a tax on the tax, meanwhile the very same people that are imposing these taxes are giving themselves raises😠

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I expect to see fewer people buying the Dodge Hemis to commute to work.. my truck isn't great on has but I don't have to go far.. I will have to be careful when going fishing because it's more than an hour to get to long point or Burwell.. my boat is only 50 hp so it's good on gas..

• Like 1