Favorite movie? Mine turned 50..

It's hard to believe my favorite movie of all time was released 50 years ago. "The Godfather" starring Marlon Brando and Al Pacino.  I had worked in a small fastfood  restaurant run by two Italian brothers. One of them was really interested in the Mafia and couldn't wait for the release of the movie. He talked it up and I ended up going to see it with one of my co-workers, a nice. pretty, redhead. But the movie was great too. Intrigue, parts that made you cringe. Parts that made you laugh. For you, younger people watch the unedited version on DVD. Great Film!

Little known fact - the horse head was real not a prop....They got it from a dog food factory in New Jersey.

Second favorite is probably "Animal House".  More recent might be a John Wick or Die Hard. Maybe an Indiana Jones...

What is on your list of favorite movies?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 12:18 PM, Snakecharmer said:

It's hard to believe my favorite movie of all time was released 50 years ago. "The Godfather" starring Marlon Brando and Al Pacino.  I had worked in a small fastfood  restaurant run by two Italian brothers. One of them was really interested in the Mafia and couldn't wait for the release of the movie. He talked it up and I ended up going to see it with one of my co-workers, a nice. pretty, redhead. But the movie was great too. Intrigue, parts that made you cringe. Parts that made you laugh. For you, younger people watch the unedited version on DVD. Great Film!

Little known fact - the horse head was real not a prop....They got it from a dog food factory in New Jersey.

Second favorite is probably "Animal House".  More recent might be a John Wick or Die Hard. Maybe an Indiana Jones...

What is on your list of favorite movies?

I grew up in Panama City Florida.  The Godfather came out my senior year in high school and at that time there was a senior movie that was always after the prom and mine was The Godfather.

Godfather2 is actually better to me, but still hard to beat the original.

One of my security questions with Scotia is "What is your favorite movie"  Godfather is my answer.

• Like 1