Silly question!

Rattletrap2

Now don't quote me on this, but I believe overnight huts must be off the ice by the 16th. That doesn't mean that all the operators are done. There still might be a few who are willing to pull their huts out for the day (If there's the demand)? I think if you wanted to get the grandkids out then you'll still have a chance. As Brian said the weather could be very cooperative by then and you could fish outside. Then there's the whole experience of ice fishing for the first few times. Being taxied out to a hut in some form of sled or the hut itself. Where there is either wood or propane heat, seats, holes drilled, and the choice of fishing inside or out. Then there's the midday meal/snack that's heated or cooked out there. The first few times my brothers took me with them; I didn't give a crap what the fishing was like. I enjoyed the whole experience of being there with them and that they allowed me to go with them. Any fish caught were just a bonus to the day.

Dan...  

Just to clarify; I don't just mean ice bungalows, but any hut occupied or not, can't be left out on the ice for the night after that date. 

Edited by DanD

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the next few days will be primo for walking about. Last day tomorrow for lakers and whities on the Lady.  Going to be so nice when the season opens again during soft water. I can cruise around with the electric on the float boat.

• Like 1