Nice sunrise

lew

Great shot Lew. Thinking about you lately. I have joined a group on FB called Friends who like Vintage Toronto. Some amazing pictures of our city in the early days. They have been featuring old fire stations, you would be interested. Also no longer used streetcar loops. Great site if you have never seen it. 

A

0C9DD452-5D77-4E0B-9141-C4922DCB20CE.jpeg

Edited by ketchenany

Thanks guys, I can't take any credit for the picture turning out nice, I just point the camera and push the button and the camera does everything else  LOL

Ketchenany, I just joined Facebook myself a few months ago and am still finding my way around it but did join Vintage Toronto and your right, the section about the old firehalls is interesting.

8 minutes ago, lew said:

Thanks guys, I can't take any credit for the picture turning out nice, I just point the camera and push the button and the camera does everything else  LOL

Ketchenany, I just joined Facebook myself a few months ago and am still finding my way around it but did join Vintage Toronto and your right, the section about the old firehalls is interesting.

I posted a picture of 318 Richmond (1952) first place I worked (68) and got back many hits of people in the industry and who worked there also. 
keep well, maybe one day we will chat on post.

56 minutes ago, Toronto_Angler said:

This would be around lunchtime for you when the sun rises wouldnt it? haha

Great picture!

You know me too well  hahaha

+++++++++++

Ketchenany, I visit Facebook a few times a day so maybe see you over there.

I don't belong to facebook and have no interest in it. But sure would like to see more of the vintage pictures. If it's a pain to do I understand; I really like the look of the buildings and the now-classic vehicles.

Dan..

PS: Sorry Lew; that sunrise pic is amazing. The only time I can make a shot like that is if I pushed the camera button accidentally. 

15 minutes ago, DanD said:

I don't belong to facebook and have no interest in it. But sure would like to see more of the vintage pictures. If it's a pain to do I understand; I really like the look of the buildings and the now-classic vehicles.

Dan..

PS: Sorry Lew; that sunrise pic is amazing. The only time I can make a shot like that is if I pushed the camera button accidentally. 

Dan I had to join years ago while working on a family tree and needed to find people. I very rarely post, I do read them . . . I’ve reconnected with people i had not spoken to in years, some abroad . . .

the Vintage site is great for browsing.. .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1579752435674910/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=3052109635105842

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Dan I had to join years ago while working on a family tree and needed to find people. I very rarely post, I do read them . . . I’ve reconnected with people i had not spoken to in years, some abroad . . .

the Vintage site is great for browsing.. .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1579752435674910/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=3052109635105842

Thanks.. We started going to Toronto from Cleveland in the 1960's when we connected with my great Aunt and Uncle. Just checked out the Honest Ed's photos as we walked from 141 Borden Street to the store. Man has the city changed. Last time we were up there was in 2018