Windows 11

I've had access for months but haven't had the time to install and test it yet.

If you want to upgrade make sure all your app vendors have tested and approved for Win 11 or you may end up not being able to use those apps.

I have apps on my personal computer that are not Win 11 ready yet so I will wait until they are ready before upgrading.

• Like 3

I've read on other forums like Drifter said, some things may not work well or work at all.  I know going from 7 to 10 none of my Canon products would work by wifi,  I have to use the old usb cable.   I would wait until W10 is no longer supported before making the switch.

• Like 2

Got my wife a new laptop  a few days ago at Costco , it has Windows 11 and is blistering fast to load.  Probably mainly because it only has a 512 G SSD and no regular hard drive, that's enough space for her as we have a 8 gig external on the network for storage and the 512 holds all her programs and we use our desktops for serious work.

• 11 months later...

It can be overwhelming to make the switch to a new operating system, especially if you're not familiar with it.
I recommend checking out the reddit windows key community. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to all things Windows. You can ask questions, read reviews, and get a better understanding of what Windows 11 has to offer before making the decision to upgrade.
It's also a good idea to do some research and read up on the new features and improvements in Windows 11 before upgrading. In the end, it's your decision whether or not to upgrade.

Edited by AlmaMatter
  • Like 1