Depth finder issues

Dara

I was just given a eagle cuda 300 depth finder for ice fishing.

I need to hook a battery to it but I don't have the portable battery pack or plug that connects to battery wire.

it has a plug with a T slot and a pin each side.

Is there any way to know which side is pos neg without cutting the plug off and just using the red and black

I found a user manual.

Manual

It definitely is a 12-volt unit and the red lead is the positive connector. So any 12-volt battery pack (8D cell battery pack?) will work. It would likely be better to get a rechargeable 12 volt supply that can handle a 3amp long-term discharge. There are all kinds of packs that you can find in places like Animalzon. (Amazon)

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Hi,

The Cuda utilizes a monoplug transducer/power cable. If you have the correct transducer it will have a cable from the transducer to the plug and another cable coming from the plug that is the power cable. Within the black outer jacket of this cable you will find a black and red wire (positive/negative)

Hope that helps

Thanks guys. I have the manual and plug but not the battery box and need to know what side of plug is red. Gotta do what smitty said and poke a hole in the black and see what pin it connects to in the plug.

Unless the guy that gave me the unit finds the battery box

Below is a quote from the manual. So connect it to positive and negative one way. If the unit doesn't turn on. Reverse the connections at the battery.

Dan...

This unit has reverse polarity protection. No damage will occur if the
power wires are reversed. However, the unit will not work until the
wires are attached correctly.
  • Like 2