Fishing Hydrographic Charts

dave524

On 2/7/2022 at 10:05 AM, dave524 said:

had a PM for this link, might as well share , I find it good , covers most lakes with decent detail  http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts.com/i-boating-fishing-web-app/fishing-marine-charts-navigation.html?title=Ontario+Lakes+boating+app#5.56/44.905/-77.115

Thanks !  Has some of the lakes near Parry Sound that I like to fish.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, misfish said:

This one is bang on.

do not both links take you to the same online viewer ?  I found Miskwabi about ten miles east of Haliburton is incomplete , they don't have any contours deeper than 65 feet, fished it many times, it goes over a 100, the contour guy didn't finish it

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Not that I seen. Yours seems to show jagged lines,the other seem to show clean contours. Thats what I see anyways???????????????

Strange, looking at lakes I know they are identical even down to lacking any contours deeper than 65.6 feet on Miskwabi

28 minutes ago, misfish said:

I just fire up the HB,turn sonar off and look where I want to go and head. LOL

my pre tournament fishing involves a heck of a lot of time staring at navionics web app on my work computer monitor. its so fast and nice to look at the maps on a big old screen.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

my pre tournament fishing involves a heck of a lot of time staring at navionics web app on my work computer monitor. its so fast and nice to look at the maps on a big old screen.

I meant when I get to my ice fishing area. LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, misfish said:

I meant when I get to my ice fishing area. LOL

I’ve never been the guy with “raw talent” nor am I the guy that just seems to be able to catch ‘em. The only way I can beat the competition is by ensuring that absolutely everything else that I can control is in order when competing. 

that means lots of studying, lots of pre-fishing, lots of reading, tons and tons of time dialing in the boat and finally not over complicating what I’m doing when I am on the water. 

it’s such a contrast to my main tournament partner, he’s the type of guy that shows up and barely knows what lake he is fishing. He could fish one rod and still smack em. Together we make a pretty damn good team if I’m being honest. Haven’t finished in the bottom half of a field yet. Made enough money last year to cover my entry’s  for the year.

maybe I just got lucky though (far more likely) 🤣🤣

Edited by AKRISONER

On 2/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, BillM said:

Don't forget fellas that even with 1ft contours these maps are super old.   This year everytime I'm out on the water Autochart Live will be running.  

Do you think the fish have little earth movers and change the structure occasionally , think the reefs and shoals are pretty much set in stone