BIG FISH, BIGGER WONDERS.

Moosebunk

Fishing and travel is what this is about.

Balancing a life in the north and south, pointing a moral compass, maintaining some sanity, and fighting the clock while experiencing all that’s possible. This past year I visited Nunavut’s highest north, most east and furthest west communities for work, essentially and finally leaving my footprints in all four corners of the Arctic Territory. Outside of that accomplishment, there has been fishing, and the past four seasons witnessed so many personal best catches for family and friends and days on the water, that so much can just never be forgotten.   My fish, many other's fish like personal bests for Leah, Bren and friends, and so much of the best I could get of the scenery, please enjoy this one…

LINK ON IN HERE TO........  BIG FISH, BIGGER WONDERS.

272276063_10159331207615709_877123738787

BIG FISH, BIGGER WONDERS.

Best to all in 2022.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Wow, some of those fish have to be pretty old.  About 30 years ago fishing in Clearwater Lk by The Pas, CO told us the fish grow very slow due to temps and smaller amount of food.

Would guess that of the fish in the pic above, the sturgeon is great Grandma compared to the rest.  But the lakers get up there too.  Gar, muskie, pike probably late teens, early 20s.  Speck, eye, splake out of the waters they came from 5-10 years but that big bull Arctic river whitefish very near it's peak for size, no idea how old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the spirit of fishing said:

As soon as I see a new episode available it has my complete attention.

Believe for 2021 there were only 6 or 7 new entries to the site.  Slowing down a little I suppose.  Not sure which I posted here or not, but likely not many.  This one kinda wraps things up but there's a couple Nipigon posts, a spring then fall recap on everything from gar and crappies to muskies and more muskies.  There's a new Nunavut Nomad there for Kugluktuk and the Coppermine River grayling and whitefish.  Lotsa stuff despite not as many entries.  Thanks for reading dood!

Bunk, I don’t know how I missed your posts in the past…..usually looking for the “fly” posts I guess, or a Post Title that grabs my interest. I checked out your link and was totally blown away with your writing. Top notch, really drew me in and made me “Think”. The fish are one thing, made of dreams, but your “brain farts” as you referred to, should be mandatory reading! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RayK said:

Bunk, I don’t know how I missed your posts in the past…..usually looking for the “fly” posts I guess, or a Post Title that grabs my interest. I checked out your link and was totally blown away with your writing. Top notch, really drew me in and made me “Think”. The fish are one thing, made of dreams, but your “brain farts” as you referred to, should be mandatory reading! 

Thanks Ray.  Lots and lots of long-winded practice over the years.  Actually comes harder nowadays cause it's less often.  But if you're good with reading it, I'm good with writing. 

9 hours ago, Cast-Away said:

There are some old pics of Bunk as well, not just old fish!

Ohhh shart!  Don't you start!!! lol. Any ideas how to reverse the aging process?

On 1/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, gordy28 said:

I know for me fishing, hiking, trying canoe camping again have all been welcome respites from this “new” normal  

Renaming the boat this year, gonna call her "Quarantine."  Planning on spending plenty of time in Quarantine this season.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, Moosebunk said:
On 1/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, Cast-Away said:

There are some old pics of Bunk as well, not just old fish!

Ohhh shart!  Don't you start!!! lol. Any ideas how to reverse the aging process?

Use a fork to squish some fish Roe and rub in on the wrinkles. Just make sure there are no cats around the house!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 10:50 PM, chris.brock said:

gonna call you out here Bunk, do you think vaccinating and masking 5 year olds is good practice? you're a medical front line person, I've got my back up with what's going on with my family and mandates, show me the studies for masking and vaxing my 6 year old and I'll show you what I've found, it's time to chose what side of history you wanna be on

Chris I get it that you're pretty wound up here lately, and if I still had young kids I'd likely agree a lot with you.

But listen man, your thread got locked up fast, you should realize that there is a low tolerance level here for threads going sideways and anything political. So please don't bring that crap to Bunks thread, hijacking it makes no sense and is totally inconsiderate and disrespectful to Drew. Hopefully mods just remove your posts, no need to lock it.

Edited by smitty55
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...